Re: Can't sign into the My Verizon app on my Razr
geo_jet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you have a special character in your verizon wireless sign on ID?

If you do you need to change your ID for Verizonwireless.com. The "My Verizon" app does not allow user names to have any special characters.  "My Verizon" Log on ID's Can only have numbers (0-9) and letters (upper case and lower case), special characters are not allowed.  I was able to resolve this issue once I changed my username on verizon wireless.com.

I can now log into "My Verizon" from my phone.

Tenudin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I changed my ID. There was an underscore in it. Still no change though. Still can't log in. Getting the same error.

0 Likes
geo_jet
Enthusiast - Level 1

After you changed your user name you need to clear the "My Verizon" app data Cache.

go to Apps Select settings  scroll to manage applications  select the "My Verizon" App in the list and then select "Clear Data". After you clear data go back to the home screen and try to log in to your "my verizon app again using your new user ID.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Tenudin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no good. Thanks for the ideas though.

0 Likes
jasonb

DL an app killer.  I specifically downloaded "advanced task killer." Kill all the apps and try it again.  It worked for me.

0 Likes
volcaniac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try tying all uppercase for your user name when signing onto My Verizon from razr. Although my user name and password worked fine on verizon.com from my PC, I kept getting error code 1001 etc. when trying to sign on with the app.  My UN is just letters.  Able to log in  thru app once I entered my UN as uppercase letters, instead of the lowercase UN that works fine on the website.

tjhughes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have dealt with the same issues for about 2 months and I finally got it to work today, here is what I did:

Went into website from computer and switched my username from my email address to a username with no special characters, just letters and numbers.

Cleared the data from both the My Verizon and NFL Mobile apps.

When you log in use all capital letters (my username on the computer has no capital letters so I'm not sure why you would need to do this), but,  it finally let me in.

Thank you to all who have posted as I credit you for getting this to work for me, not the 4 phone calls to support and the two visits to where I purchased the phone which only got me further discouraged.

0 Likes
Tenudin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what changed but I am now able to log in. All I did was clear the data yet again on all the apps that required me to be signed into My Verizon. I signed in using my number as the login name. I didn't do anything I haven't done a dozen times over. So I'm not sure what has changed to allow me to log in. But I'm not complaining.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

most of the time it's a single digit, number, symbol in the login or password & it's not a unique issue to your phone.

0 Likes
Tenudin
Enthusiast - Level 2

The verizon tech I was talking to on here reset some of the features on my account and fixed my problem. Big thanks to MarquiaF_VZW for resolving my issue.

0 Likes