Camera Resolution, cannot change
samuelljackson

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to change the default resolution that the camera takes, as it does not come up in the standard settings menu, or in the menu in camera. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Camera Resolution, cannot change
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi samuelljackson,

I know how important picture quality is nowadays. I have researched this and it appears there is not an option to change the resolution for your camera.  Since this device was launched, we have really stepped our game up in the technology industry. Do you qualify for an upgrade dial #UPG to find out.  Also, we have recently launched the Samsung Galaxy Camera that you can use on the Share Everything Data plan. Take a look http://vz.to/19aaOyO

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
droid_does_life
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree, the resolution isn't quite what I was expecting from a 10-megapixel rear-facing camera, but I ended up taking tons of pictures, trying to see what works best for the phone itself as far as focus and resolution goes.

Things that worked for me:

1. Using the touch-to-focus option really helped

2. Not getting the camera as close to subjects as I was able to with my Droid RAZR M. Even though I can't get as close, I still can crop the pictures on Pixlr Express and the resolution is actually quite impressive!

3. Holding my finger on the screen as I take photos, letting the phone take multiple pictures. I take about 8,9, or 10 pictures before I release the shutter and then go through them, and pick out my favorite. Kinda tedious, but I noticed that some resolutions are better than others this way.

In the "details" section under options on each picture, it will give you the resolution size, the shutter speed, etc. Maybe lighting has something to do with your resolution? I noticed that my brighter-lit pictures actually have excellent resolution. I think that the new MAXX camera interface is kinda hard to get used to, and some people just give up too soon on it. Try taking lots of pictures and get to know what your camera lens likes and doesn't like. Then you can adjust your photo-taking duly. Hope this helped!

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good advice." I take about 8,9, or 10 pictures before I release the shutter and then go through them, and pick out my favorite". That's how professional photographers have always done it take tons and tons of photos, most are not what they looking for but they only need one to make it work

I will say the camera sounds much improved for any Motorola device which in the past  were famous for taking some really awful photos, specially in the low light dept. I have seen some some very nice low light photos taken on new Droids. May not yet be up to some other models standards but it will work for me, much, much improved. Congratulations to Motorola they are headed in right direction. Do a Google on MAXX photo samples. Night and day difference in quality compared with ones taken with a Droid X I still have. MAXX isn't worth $300 with 2 yr to me but I can wait another month or so when I'm sure they'll come down so I've heard

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Galaxy camera does deliver some impressive daylight photos for sure but still at the bottom of the list in low light situations unfortunately.

0 Likes