Calls going straight vmail, No notification for new vmail
Barrister79

I've read quite a few posts dating back to 2014 from Droid Turbo users experiencing the same unacceptable issue:

1) Incoming calls go straight to vmail

2) No notification of missed call

3) No notifucation of new vmail

4) - or - Vmail notification appears hours later

5) Occurs in strong signal areas - i.e. Five or Four full bars

6) Calls come through on silent. When volume and ringtone has been set.

7) When placing outgoing calls, the call is dropped upon the receiptant answering the call or their vmail coming on.

Android 5.1

On the many threads concerning this issue, VZW responded but failed to offer a viable, working solution.

Had any of VZW's "solutions" resolved this issue for the other Droid Turbo users, well, there'd be no need for me to post this.

*Note: I'm inclined to think this isn't a software issue. How could it be when so many have experienced the same issue since before 2014?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Calls going straight vmail, No notification for new vmail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely see how this would be concerning. Let's get to the bottom of this and get you back connected again. May we ask if all software updates have been made?

0 Likes
Barrister79

Of course my software is up to date. I troubleshooted everything I could find about this issue.

My post was an absolute last resort. A bail mary, hoping VZW can actually present a workable solution.

Also, today, I was informed that calls weren't going to vmail. Instead the person who tried calling me (7 time said the phone would ring and ring. On his end it seemed like I'd pressed the ignore button. His calls never connected to my voicemail. On my end I never knew he was calling.

VZW: This isn't "concerning" it's a major issue - my cellular service isn't working.

0 Likes
Barrister79

I can't post screen shot that shows "software up to date." Just rechecked again.

I'm running Version 23.21.44.en.US

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the best experience possible, Barrister79. I have the Droid Turbo as well and love it. Lets get these items fixed so you can love your device as well.

For incoming calls going straight to voicemail, have you made sure that call busy is disabled on your device? Dial *73 send to be sure.

No notification on a missed call. Lets first check and make sure that your device is receiving calls. Again we can dial *73 to make sure that call forwarding is not activated.

As for not receiving voice mails, do you have your voice mail set up and notifications on? Do you have cellular data enabled?

Your calendar dictates when you can receive calls. Do you have your calendar set up so that you are in a meeting? If so, this could cause the issue of calls coming through without sound, even when notifications are set. Do you have interruptions set up by chance?

As for placing outgoing calls and the call is dropped, what zip code are you in? Are others experiencing the same issues?

I hope this helps, if not we are here to help troubleshoot this and get you up and running.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jengo75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a note 4 and this happens to me at random times as well. It happened very frequently on my galaxy S4. Verizon was made aware of this issue but they don't seem to have a resolution. Of course when they call me back it rings, it's just other calls that I miss entirely. If they don't leave a VM  i don't even realize that I missed a call. Very annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jengo75, we never want you to miss any important phone calls at anytime. How long have you been noticing this been going on? What zip code are you in? How is the service in your area? Do you notice this happens more while you're indoors or outdoors? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes