Re: Bluetooth Issue with Droid Razr Maxx
EBLGB

This may be a problem with the Bluetooth implementation in 4g devices. Seems like the Bionic has similar problems.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/692181

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/192299-bluetooth-audio-keeps-skipping.html

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thanks for the Info EBLGB  Find some more let us Know again thanks b33

0 Likes
davhorsley

I have a Blue Ant T1 and I have the same random disconnect problems. Throughout the day it just randomly chirps at me and says "phone connected" and I have to wonder when it disconnected. I also get calls that I answer, but then don't have the call on my bluetooth, so I have to grab my Blue Ant and turn it off real quick, and hope the caller is still on the phone. I can then turn the Blue Ant back on, and after a few seconds, they'll come through on the headset. Just yesterday I was on a call, and then I wasn't. Call was still going but my Blue Ant wasn't connected anymore.My guess is that this is a phone issue and not a headset issue, since so many people are having the same problems, with different bluetooth devices. I have the Razr Maxx, little over two months now, love the battery life, rest of the phone is a little glitchey.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Give this a Try an see if this Helps Go Wireless & Networks--> tap to go in-->Tap Bluetooth Settings An were Bluetooth Devices are Long Press on your Bluetooth device witch is your blue Ant an Tap Unpair then once you Done that then hit the Home button then do a Soft Rest: press and hold bottom volume down an the power at the Same time till the Razr shuts off let go when it goes off it will come back on its own. Then go back in and Re-try pairing with your headset an see if works. Some times there can be a glitch when pairing but it may be the two Devices just can't work together..And there might such a thing that you may have to Blue Ants Web Site an see if the Headset need to be Updated or the Setting Need changed to work with the Razr.. Give all these suggestions a look because it could be More than just the Phone and lot of these Headset these Days Require adjustments to work properly and it might not hurt to Contact Blue Ant.. there Customer Service.. Good Luck b33

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I use a Blue Ant T1 and it works fine. You do have to accept access to the

set so it can load your phone book. But it has worked problably 98% of the

time.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cool.!  i have a old antique headset it's a Motorola H500 got it on special at Alltel many moons ago. Lol b33

0 Likes
davhorsley

Checked the Blue Ant website, and no updates available. Also did the whole reset and repair thing a few times, with the same results. Loses connection intermittently. Forgot the Blue Ant at home this morning, so paired the phone with an old Jawbone Icon I've had for a year or so. Haven't heard it disconnect/reconnect yet today, but the day is young. I will say also that I like the feel of the Jawbone Icon in my ear, much better than the Blue Ant T1. Not being a Jawbone homer, because I've sent two of these Icons back when they seemed to have connection issues with a Samsung Epic 4G SII touch that I had through Sprint. Jawbone had me send them back and sent me out replacements, but I seemed to have the same problems with the replacements, which is why I decided to try the Blue Ant. Maybe I should just quit whining and realize both the phones and bluetooth headsets have issues. Haven't found a perfect one yet, and I've been through a bunch of high-end android phones, and several different bluetooth devices. Even the cell companys are sketchy at best. Sprint's network quality tanked horribly, so we switched to Verizon, and in the couple months we've been with Verizon, it's just been one lie after another. Amazes me how a customer service rep will flat out lie to you and tell you something that you probably know isn't true, just to prove it's not true the next time a bill rolls around and you call yet another lying customer service rep. Haven't dropped many/any calls since making the switch, but also paying about $120 more per month than I was with Sprint, for a comparable 3 phone plan. Not saying Sprint won't lie to you either, I just thought Verizon might be better. So far I'd say they're worse. Maybe US Cellular next? They seem to be about the only ones I don't here a bunch of horror stories about, but I think they share their network with Verizon.

0 Likes
bak106

I have had many Bluetooth headsets over the last few years. Only now with the Razr Maxx am i having lost connection or failure to connect when headset powered on issues.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

On the Head set you might give a Motorola one a Try but i understand the Frustration i wanted to make the Plantronics HD headset work but it was useless..My old Motorola even though it doesn't have echo this an its not a Music headset it's Dependable it. And you can still find them on the Web i think Amazon Has them.!  Have a Look at these two Links the First is Amazons and the Other is Motorola's Bluetooth Headset's  b33

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-H500-Bluetooth-Headset-Nickel/dp/B0006HTZ80

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/Mobile-Phones/mobile-phone-accessories,en_US,sc.html 

Razr / Razr Maxx Manual I.C.S. version..

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/452159/1340835334/redirect/1/filename/RAZ...  

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes