Re: Bluetooth Issue with Droid Razr Maxx
rollingblackout

Hey Marc - Not to flood the thread with replies tonight, but I wanted to let you know this has nothing to do with the case.  I pulled off my case to see if it was the problem (otterbox, btw) and it had no effect.

Our only recourse is a software update, I HOPE.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well the Technology they say they put into them an the Phones as well an as many Years that the Bluetooth Standard has been out you would think there would be No issues but i sometimes think they create as Many issues in them as they try to fix!! b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
hgblues

I have a Bose bluetooth that worked great with my droid global 2.  I just got my Razr Maxx this week, and what a failure and disappointment.  My bluetooth will lose sync at random, sometimes it will show sync'd but not be enabled when I answer a call.  And looking at the above posts, this is an obvious problem that is not being addressed.  Incredibly disappointed. 

0 Likes
Woomama
Enthusiast - Level 1

My issue is with the disconnecting.  I have a Plantronics Pro HD and the sound and voice quality is excellent, but for some reason it started disconnecting randomly.  I finally got tired of it and went to the Verizon store I bought it at and the guy said that if he could recreate the problem that he would just give me a new bluetooth because obviously it would be a bad headset.  So on the 2nd try to call his own phone it showed connected and then the blue line disappeared and it disconnected.  So they gave me a new headset.  2 days later and here we go again!  It can't be the headset it has to be the phone.  I came on here hoping to find some reason that it is disconnecting but I am not seeing my issue really discussed here.  I have tried the above unpair and reboot and that seems to work for a short while but then it is back to disconnecting all the time.  It is quite annoying especially when trying to answer a call while driving.  Does anyone have any other ideas for the Random Bluetooth Disconnect problem? I am to the point where I am going to call Verizon and demand a new phone and I really don't want to have to do that.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I had this Headset as Well an to me it's the Worst at Connecting to the Phone i Tried both of my Android Phones I have a Droid X an a Razr Maxx and it would break up at just a Few Feat from both of my phones when i tried them each or it would break up if i was at my Desk that i'm typing this at an if i would Lean over to pick something Up. And i read on other Forums an the Forum for Plantronics an even there one's were complaining about this Headset.. with the Same issues..b33

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

when I got my Dinc a couple of years back, I had troubles with my Jabra blue tooth.  I went to the store where I had bought it and they suggested I try the Blue Ant.  I had never heard of it before that but decided to give it a try as it was supposed to be designed around the Android system.  I have been using it since and have had really no problems even with my Maxx.  It connects pretty much every time.  And you can even download a Blue Ant app that allows you phone to speak back your text messages leaving your eyes on the road.  It is even not as expensive as most of the high end blue tooth sets yet works better in my opinion.

0 Likes
EBLGB

I just got a Razr Maxx. I upgraded(?) from an Droid Incredible 2 (a great phone!).

I am having the choppy/stutter bluetooth problem in my car. I use a Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway connected to the Aux jack in the ARM rest of my car. This solution has worked flawlessly for me for over a year with my Dinc 2. I am also noticing that the bluetooth connection is getting disrupted when paired to my car for voice calls (message flashes on screen).

Don't have any problems streaming the Maxx to my Jambox @ home or my BlueAnt headset when at work. Problem seems to only occur while I am moving in my car. I tried CornyJoe's Smart Action hack (disable Cellular Data) hoping this would resolve the problem. WiFi was also off. However it was not successful.

While testing on my way into work I put the Maxx in Airplane mode and activated the bluetooth to stream music. It worked with no choppiness or stutter for 20 minutes of my commute. This did not occur on multiple trips on the same route over the past week when in regular operational mode.. Thus, the problem seems to be with the 3G/4G radios.

I hope this issue gets resolved by VZW or Moto. This is my first Moto device. I have been a happy HTC user for the past 3 years Dinc 1 & Dinc 2 and have never experienced any bluetooth related issues. I wanted to hold out for the Dinc 4g, but wanted to upgrade before VZW could take away my unlimited data plan.

Aside from this bluetooth issue and a few other minor issues (blur v. sense, feel of device in hand) I really like the Maxx. The battery life is tremendous and a feature that trumps all other gripes (except this bluetooth problem) I have with the device.

Moto is supposed to have the best radios in the business. I really hope they get this bluetooth issue worked out. It really takes away from my enjoyment of the device as my phone is my main source of media in the car (Slacker, Amazon Music, Beyond Pod, etc.). With the big battery and bluetooth and should be able to play media in my car without wires all over the place.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It could be the Way bluetooth is set up in the Motorola's Compared to the H.T.C's that's Causing the issue. Do you have an AUX port in your Car to were you can use. See how that Works i tried using this in our New 2011 Chevy Truck as it doesn't have Bluetooth Capability in it and the Music i was streaming thru that sounded Really Good And one Reminder Streaming this Way is a We bit smarter anyway because the Blue Radio is off and is not pulling down on the Maxx's battery .  I got the Aux Cable with the Razr Maxx Car Dock..

0 Likes
EBLGB

I can use the Aux jack, but it is located in my arm rest. I connect the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway to the Aux jack in my arm rest and all is hidden and out of the way. No wires all over the car.

I am not overly concerned about the bluetooth drain on the battery since I can charge the Maxx nightly. I use a ProClip to mount the Maxx to the center console of my car. I like having no wires to worry about when I get in and want to go. If I am going on a long trip (+1 hour) then I'll plug the phone in to keep it juiced.

We really shouldn't be having the conversation. Moto and VZW should have these bugs worked out. Bluetooth is not a new technology and other vendors seem to make it work without issue.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

True!  Well to add sometimes on these little Dudes getting them to hook up Correctly should be as easy as eating Ice Cream Cone!  But what happens if you don't eat it Correctly you Get it all over Ya an it Sticky once it's on ya..kind of the Same thing with these phone's there's a way it hooks an it Works as it Should but finding the correct way too hook it up is as said like eating a Ice Cream Come. Complicated But not Complicated!

0 Likes