Re: Bluetooth Issue with Droid Razr Maxx
Marc77373

I'm having a similar issue with my bluetooth not having a reliable connection when sync'd to my BMW's built in Bluetooth system. I recently switched to Verizon & previously had another Motorola phone with AT&T, the Atrix 4g & it never dropped the Bluetooth sync with my car when on a call. This morning, I lost sync at least 3 times on my 33 mile commute which is about 45-60 minutes in Houston traffic. Do any of you have cases on your phone that are having issues? I doubt my Otterbox is causing issues as I have one on my Atrix as well & it performed fine.

To the OP, do you sync your phone to a hands free car system for calls by chance? Are you experiencing any issues with that as well? If so, it could be the Bluetooth radio in this model phone that is the issue.

0 Likes
SylentNite

I personally haven't had any issues with staying connected once I do connect, my problem was just the choppy music, which has been temporarily fixed with the solution CornyJoe gave. U can possibly try that to see wheather or not the 3G problem is causing it to drop connection.

What i did was open Smart Actions : Add a new Rule (the + sign in the upper right corner) : Start from Scratch : Triggers - BLuetooth Device (in my case it is a CX501) : ACTIONS - Cellular Data DISABLE. This will stop your 3G skipping and still let you receive Calls, send calls, receive text message and send text messages

0 Likes
Marc77373

I'm in Houston & have yet to see it go into 3g mode, it's always in 4gLTE. I'm not too keen in disabling my data connection either as I need to be able to get meeting invites & cancelations via email.

I'm hoping it's a software issue & not something to do with the Bluetooth radio. I may at least give it a try however to see if I can isolate the data connection as being the culprit to the dropped BT sync.

0 Likes
rollingblackout

I can confirm the same issue in the 3G arena.  Bluetooth is randomly choppy and extremely ANNOYING.  Once I'm back under 4G or at home on wifi, no problems.  The only way to resolve the issue is turning off Cellular Data when you're in 3G coverage.  Thanks to CornyJoe for the Smart Actions "tip".

VW needs to fix this on the next roll-out!!! 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If your Having issues with the Blue Tooth Disconnect: Go into Wireless & Networks > Bluetooth Settings > Find the Device > Press on it Then Un-Pair it. Once doing that Shut the Phone Down Re-Power then Go an Hook the Blue-Tooth Up. I've done this an My head set seem to Work Better.. You can also Go into Applications > Manage Applications > Select All Scroll Down to Bluetooth Share Clear the Data Then Hit the Home Button. Give this a try as well.. b33

0 Likes
rollingblackout

Hi B33 - I tried all of that, believe me, I've been through every forum searching for the problem.  It doesn't matter what I do (3 different bluetooth headsets, btw) if I'm in a 3G area, bluetooth immediately becomes choppy and it stays this way until I'm on 4G or wifi.  Very sad situation as I sit in 3G at work and use a bluetooth headset there all day.  I have no recourse but to turn off Data, which pretty much defeats the purpose of this high powered phone.

Thanks for your reply and take care.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You know i'm glad you brought that Up i has a Motorola Elite Sliver Supposed to be one of the Finest Bluetooth headsets an one that i loved to listen to my Music thru but when i would take a Call on it or was Talking to my Mom an we have Very Good Cordless phones at Home they are Panasonic's She told me at times i was breaking up Terribly. An this is Going from 4G Back into 3G i getting to wonder if it's not all the Products Fault but The Darn System it self. An i tell ya were not 4G yet an even when it Comes i think i will still use My Wi-Fi. Getting back to Bluetooth's i got rid of the Elite Sliver to Try a Plantronics Voyager HD headset that Headset Was a Piece of Junk i had it set up as they suggested i downloaded Software to help make it Work better as Well but no Avail it would not Keep Connected it would break up if i was just away from were the Phone was an it also had issues when i would move My head around for Me a headset that you pay over a $100.00 for should Perform with little to no issues..b33

0 Likes
SylentNite

@rollingblackout..Yeah you are right...I probably would have held on to my Droid X a bit longer had I of known this would be a issue, being that I listen to music via my phone, more than I talk on it..Hopefully the Motorola gods will get this issue corrected SOON!

0 Likes
rollingblackout

I'm using a Motorola S9-HD and its been a faithful headset.  My previous phone was a Samsung Highlight, so this was a big league jump to a nice phone.  Only to be dissapointed because I'm under 3G using a bluetooth headset....Stutter, chop/stutter, its madening.  At least 3 times per song so I have to turn off data to prevent this.

tried 2 other headsets thinking the S9-HD's were on the fritz, only to encounter the exact same problems with stutter/choppiness.  How do we get VW to realize this is an issue?  I've yet to hear from Support; sent them an email 3 days ago.  We need to be vocal if they're going to realize this is a problem because let's face it, most ppl using the music player are using wired headphones and don't even realize this is an issue.

Very dissapointing.

0 Likes
rollingblackout

back at you SN, I know what you mean, it seems like 1 step forward 2 steps back.  I almost gave up and broke out the old cr@#py music player.  I'm like you, listening to music through the phone 10 hours/day which is way more than actually talking.  This is extremely unfortunate considering this phone is the flagship for both Motorola and Verizon.  You can't really buy your way out of this problem if you wanted to return the phone.  Lower tier phones are the only choice, that's sad...  

0 Likes