Battery life
lilmiss672001
Enthusiast - Level 2

The main reason I bought this phone was because the battery life was supposed to be the best. I have had it for a month. It started out giving me 21 hours but has dwindled down to 16. What is the deal??? I am not happy at all about this. Is there anything  I can do to get the battery life they SAID I would get???/

Labels (2)
Re: Battery life
lilmiss672001
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is a Droid Maxx.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What's your charging patterns and are you using the charger that came with the phone?  the Battery that comes in the phone is a big one and requires at least 4 to 8 of solid charging all of my phone I pull them down to 1% then I shut them down and I use the Charger that came out of the box it puts out 1150mA of power to the phone which with that big battery is more than enough.. as for the battery getting the maximum out of it make sure no apps are running in the back ground press and hold the static button that is right of the home button and look at the apps running swipe to the right or left to have them stop running.. There's allot of apps on these phone now that are there for purpose but some of them are a nuisance and choosing which to go is up to the Individual but for me I use the ones that are going to befit me..

This is a Very Good App <>  System Panel App <> it comes in a Free version and a paid version minus the Apps I have the paid version it tells me all the Vitals on my phone, CPU usage, apps running, non running, battery level, CPU and battery Temperatures in Celsius or Fahrenheit..

Hope this helps b33

0 Likes
lilmiss672001
Enthusiast - Level 2

My charging patterns are all good and I am using the charger that came with it. The only thing I'm not doing is turning it off when I charge it. Fully charged all I get is 17 hours. I always log out of everything and make sure nothing is running.

B33
Legend

That's sounds Good, as you update apps they can change in there structure from what they were and this may lead to some of your battery drainage are you listen to any music apps or playing any online game this can factor a bit I play Madden25 and I my battery drained rather Quickly but I charged it back up let for a while then used phone lightly and I got a Solid 48 hours out of it..

0 Likes
lilmiss672001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get on facebook and have facebook messenger all the time. I guess I need to uninstall all my games. I have three I play regularly. But I try to space them out. I just don't understand why  I can't even get 24 hours.

B33
Legend

Understandable Smiley Happy  I have facebook as well it can keep your phone a hopping at time sometimes all day with text and pictures. b

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If your phone has the Kit Kat update this could be causing some of the Drain there are more apps with this OS as compared to Jelly Bean which I still have on my Droid Maxx Some of the Apps can be disabled)  Jakeman one of our member's that been on here for while and he's great at helping and has some good suggested info on what apps can be disable.. If sees this thread he can assist ya in the one's to disable and that may help ya some on your battery..  He has a Droid Maxx as well..

b33

0 Likes