App recommendations for syncing music
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

I got the Jelly Bean update last week, and before the update I had been using MotoCast to sync my music from iTunes to My Music on my Droid Razr Maxx.  I just added new music to iTunes yesterday and tried syncing the music for the first time since the update.  I had great difficulty doing it, so I contacted Motorola to find out why MotoCast was not working.  They basically told me that since the update MotoCast would not work with My Music, files, or the Gallery, and that I would need to find an application in the Play Store to sync my music.  When I tried to ask the agent what MotoCast would be used for, she gave me the same canned response. 

Does anyone know of any useful applications I can use for syncing my music from iTunes to My Music?  Any recommendations provided would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: App recommendations for syncing music
rcschnoor
Legend

DoubleTwist and AirSync work quite well together, although there are other such as winamp and isyncr.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you!  I'm in the Play Store on my computer now.  I will check them out!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

I downloaded Winamp.  How do I get back to the main screen so I can do a sync?  It seems to have wirelessly brought over only one of my playlists and I need to use my USB to bring over the rest of my songs...

chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

Does Winamp only allow me one playlist?  I'm seeing that some of these apps only allow you to have one playlist...I'm having trouble selecting an app because there are so many limitations on the free apps!  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

As far as I know it does not only allow you to have one playlist, however I have never synced with Winamp. I normally use DoubleTwist and it will allow as many as you would like.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

The problem with Double Twist was that I had to download the software onto my computer, and I could not complete the download on my computer, so I uninstalled the app from my phone.  I have now moved on from Winamp too, because I have found it to be too hard to use.  Now I am using Remote for iTunes Pro, even though I think I need to learn how to use it more, because I am still not completely satisfied with it.  Thank you for all of your help!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option is to upload your iTunes music library to Google Play Music. Then you can use the Play Music app to access your music on the device. I don't know if the playlist will transfer from iTunes to Play Music though. It did transfer from Windows Media Player on my computer to the Play Music server.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

The problem I'm having now is that I can only get some of the music to transfer to Google Play.  I have about 800 songs in iTunes, and only about 230 of them transferred.  How do I get the rest of them to transfer?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why did you post this here and start a new thread?

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/947015#947015

0 Likes