Annoying phone problembs
cdxlv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the droid razr for 5 or so months now. Lately the battery will die and when I plug it in it will not charge or a white light in front will just be on. I do the push this button, while holding this button standing on one foot dance and it will turn on after a while but will again shut off. Half the time it works other half it does not. And today I woke up checked my phone and now it says that my SD card is blank.

Does anyone know what is going on? Why does my phone lock up while charging or not even recognize that is it suppose to be charging (be at 0% charge for 9 hours!!!) and now why is my sd card deleted completely?? It even says I do not have one in the phone. 

Labels (2)
Re: Annoying phone problembs
Medic256
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sounds to me it might be a software iss. Try a hard reset under settings>privacy>factory data reset. If that does not solve the issue then call 800-922-0204 and get yourself a warranty replacement device.

B33
Legend

I would like to Ask are you charging with the charger that came with the phone or Via the Computer.. Have you Updated your Razr with the Update that came out about a Month ago. You might try clearing the Cache Partition first then if that don't cure the issue then Do a Factory Reset.. give this a try an see if it Corrects the Issues you having.. Let us know if worked for Ya... b33

To do a Cache Partition An or a Factory Reset If Needed:

Automatic Restore - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

Note Disable Automatic restore prior to a performing a hard (factory) reset when attempting to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue.
  1. From the home screen, select the App menu (located in the lower right).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Privacy.
  4. Ensure Backup my data is checked.
  5. To enable automatic restoration of backed up settings and other data after an application has been resintalled ensure Automatic restore is checked.
    Note Automatic restore is disabled if a check mark is not present.

Here's the Instructions to do a Factory Reset for the Razr this will work for the Razr Maxx as Well

Hard Reset - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

Warning Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.Note Disable Automatic Restore prior to performing a hard (factory) reset when attempting to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue.Preferred method
Alternate method
Preferred method
  1. From a Home screen, select the App menu (located in the lower right).
    App menu
  2. Select Settings.
    Note If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.
    Applications menu with Settings
  3. Select Privacy.
    Settings with Privacy
  4. Select Factory Data Reset.
    Factory data reset
  5. Select Reset phone.
    Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
    Reset phone
  6. Select Erase Everything.
    Note Allow up to 10 minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.
    Erase Everything
  7. Refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
Top Alternate method
  1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
    Note Use Volume keys to navigate options.
  7. Select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
    Note Data wipe may take several moments.
  8. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
  9. Refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This method can be used when doing a Factory Reset as well as it says how to set you settings while Going threw the F.R. It was intended for the Droid X but can be Used on the Razr's as Well.. b33

Reset info was from Wildman: Thanks Wildman B33

Hard Reset: - Removes all personal data and sets device back to the stock state when you bought device...

1. Uncheck "Back up my data" under Settings/Privacy

2. Click Factory Data Reset/Reset Phone

3. After reset is complete only Active Phone but do not input Google Email information

4. Once phone is at homepage go back into Settings/Privacy and make sure the Automatic Restore option is unchecked, even if grayed out, activate "Back up my data" and quickly disable "Automatic Restore"

5. After being sure that the Automatic Restore option is off it will be safe to log into Google and you can continue installing preferred apps and custom settings.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Another thing that you might want to remember that Androids Power Manager does not reserve power when battery fully drains all the way down and powers off, this is why you usually have to charge the battery for a while before the device will start back up... 

I know it can be a pain but this is by design and the best solution is to never allow battery to completly drain like this because this also shortings battery life in time.

As for the situation with the sd card, have you tried the card in a pc and see if the data is actually gone because a sd card is like a portible hard drive and if you pull the power while the disk is being wrote to it can corrupt the boot sector or data depending on what the device was doing with the card data at power down time.  I have seen this happen to hard drives alot..

0 Likes
christopher3569

the SIM card has done what is called a PUK-lock of my phone it has locked my phone completely i can't useit at all.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try an do a Soft Reset Chris Hold down the Volume Down/Power at the same time. Once it goes off let go of the buttons let it Re-power up an tell me what it's doing. Re-post with the results..b33  

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Login My Verizon account online and go to this link and you should get the information to reset your PUK code lock out...

https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/accountholder/services/displayPinPukInfo.action

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thanks Wildman for Posting that:  if i run into that Issue i Now no were i can go to get it Fixed..b33

0 Likes
Scope9137

this isn't working for me! I did the factory reset wher I erased all my internal and memory card stuff, and i didn't unmount the the memory card and now my phone is totally disabled!!!

0 Likes