Re: Android latest update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to preset contacts in the widget?  Maybe you've confused Favorites in the People app with the Favorite Contacts widget?

You can choose whichever contact you want to put in a Direct Dial widget, and you can do the same thing with the Favorite Contacts widget.  The main difference is that the Direct Dial widget is just for one contact; you can load up to 24 contacts in the Favorite Contacts widget (at least it's 24 on ICS; may be different on JB), but only the first four will show up on your home screen (lightly tap it and slide up to open it for the rest of the contacts).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Cody i was thinking there was a Way to Get the Real Circle Widget that Came off the M model Razr But i can't Remember if Wildman said it would be safe to use it's been while since it was released and me and didn't discuss much on it but if i remember you had to get two separate part to make it Work..

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

hmm .. I'll take another look  ... thanks for clarifying Tikibar1

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Cody here is what i was Looking for but it's pulled from the Atrix HD Not the M Go figure i was off  way off.!  but i found it i wonder if it works...

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/13/clock-widget-from-atrix-hd-pulled-installable-on-your-device/

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tiki  Cody.. i'm gonna be off for a bit but will be back in little while Later b

0 Likes
gas4harley

I'll really hating it now. I can't get any of my e-mail accounts.

0 Likes
procam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's my issues, and can't seem to find answers in their new "Settings" folder

My phone now goes DIRECTLY to voice mail - I can not tell when I am getting a call.

It WILL NOT allow me to turn off the "vibrate" function when I use the keypad.

It WILL NOT allow me to use ONLY "vibrate" for ALL my notifications, including my phone.  I want ONLY vibrate, for EVERYTHING. I cannot find a way to do it.

0 Likes
procam
Enthusiast - Level 2

<Post deleted for discussion of moderation per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  The attacking comments have also been removed.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

gas4harley wrote:

I'll really hating it now. I can't get any of my e-mail accounts.

A system cache clear might help.  You may have to delete the e-mail accounts and re-establish them (but you'd lose any e-mails on your phone).

0 Likes
tluciani
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure why people aren't understanding the obvious when it comes to speed dial function.  Favorites and direct dial functions are a ridiculous replacement to the speed dial from the keypad!  when you are making calls, which I do while on the road for work constantly, you are already in the dial pad automatically while engaging in calls.  By having speed dials available in this screen, you eliminate the need to scroll to another screen or leave the phone functions entirely to use a function like direct dial.  On top of that, screen space is a premium when it comes to utilizing the phone to the fullest, so what Einstein thought it would be a great idea to eliminate efficiency of the dial pad speed dials and crucial screen space for the direct dial widget buttons?!  Has common sense or user feedback in development been eliminated all together?

I liked my phone alot till now, but if no update re-adds the speed dial function in the very near future, then Motorola/Android is truly clueless...