Android latest update
mech259

Anyone angry about the latest Android update for Razr Maxx? The did away the speed dial feature which is a total load of -----! Why would the make stupid changes like that?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android latest update
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Nope ..  every change comes with its, well changes ... the update works well, although yes, a few things have changed or were eliminated.  YMMV

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

mech259 wrote:

The did away the speed dial feature

Several things were removed; here's the changelog if you haven't seen it:

Release Notes - DROID RAZR/ MAXX - Software Upgrade - 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

An alternative to the speed dial feature is to use Direct Dial widgets.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Others have noted a decent replacement APP :  Direct Dial, but put them all in one folder to not clutter your screen. 2 taps and call is made. Same number of taps as Speed Dial was.Seems to Work great.  Good luck.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'm All right with it just a few ticklers one is i have at times seen my screen want to do like a fade to when changing to something else i'm assuming that is part of the Project butter). there are a few things i wished it had like the Circle Rings i'm Ok with the Rest..

Thankie Tiki  bbb333 it's Cooooooooooooold out side

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option is to use the Favorite Contacts widget; also takes just two taps to make a call.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup i like that Option...  tiki you have a Maxx or something ya holding out on me knowing all this stuff just some early morning joking with ya.. i got do something my feet are about to freeze time to raid the Fridge and warm up some of my pizza Rollers.. Yum!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, I prefer the Favorite Contacts widget.  Stay warm! 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

B33 wrote:

there are a few things i wished it had like the Circle Rings i'm Ok with the Rest..

There's always this alternative, although I think you called it "cheesey" in another post. 

Rings Digital Weather Clock - Android Apps on Google Play.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yea, I just tried that DIRECT DIAL widget ... don't like it - there's no way to preset FAVS in the widget ... it just grabs you're recently use (most used?) numbers from RECENT ...  I'll take a look at the other one (FAV CONTACTS).

0 Likes