Android Razr M To PC......
AndroidTobey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Using a non motorola cable to the pc it charges only.

Downloaded the drivers from this link. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481

Set my phone up to accept all devices and also in the developers options I checked the boxes labeled usb debug and allow moch locations.

There is no USB mass storage on this phone unlike my past 4g evo phones.

My question is could it be that I'm using a generic LG cord instead of the OEM one?

Even with the drivers it won't read my phone on any computer.

Thought I seen someone say something about the generic cord being the reason on almighty google if so that's an easy fix.

Thanks a head for any info.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android Razr M To PC......
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola devices have a historic pattern of only working best with Motorola USB cable, chargers and other accessories.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the problem is probably the USB cable.  Motorola phones tend to prefer Motorola cables for data transfer.

AndroidTobey
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's what I figured after doing some research.Thought I would ask around anyway just to see if anyone else dealt with this issue before. Thanks Ann154 I will get a new cable on friday and post whether it worked or not.

My whole reason for all this is to root my phone.

Yes i do know it will void any warranty's lol!

0 Likes