Adding memory to Motorola Droid Maxx 2
Kirkian301

Unfortunately, my Droid Maxx 2 only has 16g of memory and i'm constantly having to add/delete apps and photos to mitigate the storage issue.  Is there any way to add an additional 16 or 32g of memory to the phone?  The only memory slot I see is the Sim card slot.  Do I just get a better sim card?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Adding memory to Motorola Droid Maxx 2
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Droid Maxx 2 supports up to a 128 GB micro SD card; you could install one (see the link below) and move your photos/videos/documents to the memory card.

Insert SD Card - DROID MAXX 2 BY MOTOROLA | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: Adding memory to Motorola Droid Maxx 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see where constantly having to move or delete files may get annoying, Kirkian301. Adding additional memory would be a great option, but a SIM doesn't expand the memory. As titibar1 mentioned, the Droid Maxx 2 supports a MicroSD up to 128GB in memory, which will free up quite a bit of space. If you do purchase and insert an SD card, then the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200307/ can help with moving your files from the internal storage to your new SD card. With an SD card is in the phone, your phone will automatically store new photos and videos to the card instead of the phone. Does this help?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes