4.4.2 Kitkat update ruined my Verizon experience
narrite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting pretty close to thinking Verizon tries to ruin older phones to get people to upgrade to their newer models. My phone worked perfectly fine the way it was and now its trash after the recent update. After going to the store and talking to someone about why my blue tooth doesn't work at all I just got the run around and it just eventually lead to a discussion about trying to upgrade my phone which isn't even a year old yet. I was wondering if anyone knows how to revert back to the previous update on my phone without having to brick it or point me to another carrier. Also would like to know of a phone that lets you download your apps to an SD card since the Droid Razr M wont allow me to do it and it always says memory too low to send mms messages even when I have over a gig of space left and an empty 16g SD card.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 4.4.2 Kitkat update ruined my Verizon experience
Not applicable

All the issues above outside of a phone update have nothing to do with Verizon Wireless.

The phone manufacturer is responsible for the update, Verizon tests it to see if it can function on their network. That is then sent out to the devices.

Verizon has nothing to do with the functionality of the device. You pay them for service to the cellular and data network only.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: 4.4.2 Kitkat update ruined my Verizon experience
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try Windows Phone or the BlackBerry OS if you want to install apps on the SD card. Google has been working to write that option out of the Android OS since Honeycomb and finally got the code removed in KitKat.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.