what are these Running Services
cheapskate863

I have all these Running Services on my Droid Charge but I don't know what they are!

Can anyone tell me if I can stop them and if so what ones?

DRM content

Factory Test

PVWmdrmProxy

SyncMLSvc

PVWmdrmServiceGoogle Services

SecPhone

Sync Service

VVMService

Rx Networks PGPS Seed D??

SNS

I don't know if they got on there from downloaded stuff and if they are good or bad!

Help!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what are these Running Services
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cheapskate863 wrote:

I have all these Running Services on my Droid Charge but I don't know what they are!

DRM content

Factory Test

PVWmdrmProxy

SyncMLSvc

SecPhone

Sync Service

VVMService

SNS

I don't know if they got on there from downloaded stuff and if they are good or bad!

Help!

Those all look like system apps and are services that you shouldn't stop.  They are not doing any harm to the system and if you stop them then you might be.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cheapskate863 wrote:

DRM content

Factory Test

PVWmdrmProxy

SyncMLSvc

SecPhone

Sync Service

VVMService

SNS

Help!

Those all look like system apps and are services that you shouldn't stop.  They are not doing any harm to the system and if you stop them then you might be.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Wildman
Legend

Ann is absolutly correct the apps are system files and should not be stopped because they could cause a number of issues with your device..

If you would like a break down of what all apps do, the easiest thing to do is google search the app names and there should be sites to break them down on their functions.