v-cast setup issue; turning USB storage off
mikecox

.I am trying to use V-cast. Media Manager. 

I've installed the app on my Droid X and on my desktop. I have the USB cable connected and  I have V-Case MM open on my desktop. Everything seems to be set to "Go" until I launch V-cast on the phone.

When I do that I get the following error: "Memory card error, card mounted or not present.  Please make sure memory card is inserted and USB storage is turned off."

I know the card is present, and mounted because the Droid X comes with the card already installed. 

But I went to "Settings/SD card & phone storage settings" just to be sure.  It shows "Total space 14.87GB" and "Available space 14.80GB", and an "Mount SD Card" option.  "Internal phone storage" shows 6.22GB of available space.

Now here's the rub. 

When I plug in the USB cable in the SD card data information changes to "unavailable" and the "Unmount..." option changes to "Mount SD card".

I'm guessing the issue is with the last part of the error message: "USB storage is turned off" but I don't know how to turn it on.

What is USB storage?  Is it to off site storage option Verizon offers?  Am I required to "Subscribe" in order for this app to work?

0 Likes
Re: v-cast setup issue; turning USB storage off
mikecox

Maybe I should call Verizon on this one?

0 Likes
Re: v-cast setup issue; turning USB storage off
Wildman
Legend

I believe you have to be in PC Mode not Mass Storage...  Try changing that under mount options.

0 Likes