replacing incredible with droid x?
djjohnny
I have been having problems with the cal quality of my incredible, which seems to be a common problem. I have also heard that people waiting for incredibles have been able to get droid x's instead. now, if I sent my incredible in to be replace due to the tech problem, would I be able to get an x instead of waiting on however long the incredible would take?
0 Likes
Re: replacing incredible with droid x?
AZSALUKI
Legend

IF you are still in your 30 day trila period, then you can return your inc for an X (for a $35 restocking fee). if not, then vzn will more than likely just keep replacing your inc with another inc. hopefully the call quality will be better with the X, but i've seen many threads that have said they had issues on the original moto droid as well. have you tried calling *228 (or #228) and updating your roaming option? it has helped a few. there is also an advanced setting that you can change.

dial ##778

select "edit mode" from the pop up menu (it's not an actual phone call)

password is 000000

select "cdma settings"

change your "home page," "home orig," and "roam orig" from evrc to evrc-b

hit menu and "commit changes"

if this helps then great. if not then change it back as you may be in an area that' doesn't support evrc-b

and KEEP these instructions if you ever find yourself with poor (or no) quality/signal, as you'll need to change the settings back to evrc.

0 Likes
djjohnny
thanks for the reply. I am in the 30 days but have lost my receipt, so I don't think I can return it. thanks though.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you bought from vzn then it shouldn't matter. they should have the record of the purchase. the problem is that if you return it....you may be waiting at least a month for the X???? i changed my advanced settings and it was a very noticable improvement (i'm in phoenix).

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

also....the rumor is that an upcoming htc update will include a fix sor the signal strength, call quality, and will enable wifi hotspot capability(up to 5 devices, like the X), along with hd quality video recording. if it's true, then the inc will be an X with a slightly smaller screen and w/o the hdmi output.

0 Likes