Re: reboot Loop
Wildman
Legend

I am sorry, you are correct....   I have been seeing and responding to so many users complaining about ICS having issues and I did not notice that I was replying to the HTC Incredible update...  

Now that I realize my mistake everything you have said is correct, the update that was released for the Incredible is a minor update and have not changed the kernel or API, also the SP3 reference also isn't a good comparison...  I was responding under the thought that the statements was about the ICS update.

Once again I acknowledge my mistake...

0 Likes
cigdog004

WOW !! ,After 10 straight nights of " boot loops" at excactly 2:01 am , I have had 2 bootless nights in a row ! I've done 2 factory resets , wipe the cache partition, every trick that everyone suggested,and nothing worked, however , on the last night the phone started rebooting at 2:01 ,I let it go until 2:40, it rebooted 17 times. Finally I unmounted the SD card and removed it , let the phone sit for an hour and not a single reboot. At 3:45 am I decided to put the SD card back in , went the rest of the night without a single reboot and haven't had one since. I am supposed to get my refurb in the mail today but if these " bootless " nights keep up I will be sending it back and just keep this one , also my phone was locking up and freezing at least 3 times a day and it hasn't done that either. I will keep you posted if the " Boot Fairy " decides to return in the middle of the night !

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Did you try wiping the as card and make sure that any data left over from previous installed apps was removed?

Sounds like this may be your case..

0 Likes
cigdog004

No, I did nothing to the card except remove it for an hour and put it back in.

0 Likes
Samir01

Both my wife's and my own phone decided to go into a reboot loop at 4:30 am. No new apps were installed, and am not sure which apps were recently updated. Taking out the battery, restarting, or putting it insafe mode did not fix the problem.

0 Likes
TaraTattooed23
Enthusiast - Level 1

My droid incredible goes into the reboot loop EVERY NIGHT around 3am.  I've called Verizon and they are no help, I take it to the store and they act like they have never heard of the incredible re-boot problem. They have done 2 hard re-sets and it still goes into the "Droid" reboot.  I loved my droid, but my photos started disappearing, for no reason and the reboots from hell started ... a few times a week, then a few times a day. Now, it has rebooted 32 times in the past 2 hours.

Verizon didn't and has not taken any accountability on the crappy update, didn't credit my bill for all the BS i'm having to go through because of the update from hell that they released and they aren't doing anything to correct the situation.

Verizon is supposed to be better than this, that's way I came to verizon because they were better than the other carriers, but now they have just become the same if not worse because the service is just over-priced.

Looking for a new phone, not confident with the Droid cell phones and considering a new carrier.

Wildman
Legend

It is so strange that the device would start rebooting at a curtian time, it seems that there has to be something that triggers around that time that causes this.

Never seen a symptom like this so I think it will be a hit and miss to figure this one out...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

cigdog004 wrote:

No, I did nothing to the card except remove it for an hour and put it back in.

Since dismounting it seem to stop your issue I suggest you concider coping everything off the card and then wipe it and place the cleared card into the device and see if this resolve things for you.

0 Likes
RexManteca
Enthusiast - Level 1

your post about a heretical OS imposed on church property was exercised by the Vatican.  discussion of radishing is prohibited. I've had many posts regarding radishing...redacted.

0 Likes
Mattman4
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's to funny -  "A heretical OS imposed on church property was exercised by the Vatican" That's one of the funniest things I've heard on these forms, High five to you sir.

But on a side note, i see that my post was deleted. Its a shame because I think I found a decent fix and seems to get rid of the rebooting, but I apparently can't share how.

0 Likes