"Verizon Wireless" on my lock screen?? No sir, I don't like it...
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

OK, so in order to get the incredible, for whatever reason, I had to move from my Alltel plan to a Verizon plan. That's not a big deal, in fact I couldn't care less who's plan it is. Cost is actually less than my Alltel plan was so that's fine and dandy.

Well, the plan switch was made today I noticed as I looked at the myaccount page. Right after that, I went to look to see who was texting me and as I hit the switch on the top of my Droid, I noticed that it now says "Verizon Wireless" in the top right corner of my lock screen. Now I'm not going to rant and rave about it and threaten to go to AT&T and sue Verizon or anything (sarcasm), but I don't want that there. No particular reason or anything, I just don't. Is there a way to get it off or am I now a slave to the Big Red machine? (more sarcasm). Seriously though, I checked my settings and couldn't find anything that would allow me to remove the network identifier. You guys know of anything that will make that gone?

0 Likes
Re: "Verizon Wireless" on my lock screen?? No sir, I don't like it...
M3lton
Contributor - Level 1

Wow, I have never heard of anyone caring about that. I would imagine people are ok with their service provider's name on their screen, especially when it's locked, so maybe no one has made an app for that.

Wouldn't that be like removing all Windows logos from Windows OS?

Or maybe it's like removing the Comcast logo from their guide menu.

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

lol. I know. Wierd, but I'm sort of picky like that. I mean don't get me wrong, I'll live with it if I have to, but I'd rather not if I can find a way around it. Not a major deal or anything, I was just goofing around with my first post. But I sure wouldn't mind finding a way to get rid of it. Maybe I'll brush whiteout over that part of my screen, that would make it better...

*edit* AACCCKKKKK!!! Now its on the top of my pull-down notification bar too!!! I'm being overrun by it!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

y0diggity wrote:

AACCCKKKKK!!! Now its on the top of my pull-down notification bar too!!! I'm being overrun by it!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Verizon Wireless

Weird, man... I once heard a rumor that if Verizon just straight up does not like you

Verizon Wireless

they will hire Chinese hackers to torment you by plastering "Verizon Wireless"

Verizon Wireless

all over every single one of your electronic devices.

Verizon Wireless

I think that guy was losing it, though... :smileyhappy:

Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2
LOL! Nice one. Now I'm paranoid...
0 Likes
carter91
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's weird they made you switch plans.  I just got my Incrediable yesterday and activated it, and did NOT have to switch from my Alltel plan.  Some other people on the Alltel forum on here also did not have to switch.  I thought most people would be tore up about having forced to swich plans when you didn't have to than a Verizon logo being on their phone.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

You know I never even noticed that it was there till you said something.  Hmm. I believe you would have to ROOT to change that probably not worth it really. 

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I what my phone to say "Verizon" in the deep DROID tone... if you cant beat um... (=

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

carter91 wrote:

That's weird they made you switch plans.  I just got my Incrediable yesterday and activated it, and did NOT have to switch from my Alltel plan.  Some other people on the Alltel forum on here also did not have to switch.  I thought most people would be tore up about having forced to swich plans when you didn't have to than a Verizon logo being on their phone.

Naw. The plan switch didn't bug me, like I said, it ended up with more stuff for less money somehow. No complaints about that. Maybe I just don't deal with change well... :smileyhappy:

0 Likes