Re: new format
budone
Legend

droidsw2 wrote:

The mobile version is useless. There is no way I can find to get to sections, only "All Activity". Again, can't find a way to get the full-site version via my phone. But hey, at least I can channel all my dislike for the new forum towards it, instead of my phone.

If you open your internet browser, then go into the settings for the net, is there an option to NOT go to mobile sites??? Thats how I got around using the useless mobile site

0 Likes
droidsw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks budone. I looked in Settings. Didn't find it, but I will keep looking. I use the stock browser. I might try another.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I use the stock browser, but I have a TB.

Do you have the Droid2??? If so......

Or in the stock browser you can type

About:debug Into the address bar and that will give you an additional menu in wich you can change the user agent.

Found the following also

-Open browser

-Type "about:debug" in the address bar - press "go"  Nothing will happen, this will only enable more options in the menu

-go to menu -> more -> settings

-scroll down to "UAString"

-Select "desktop"

your good to go

0 Likes
droidsw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. Droid X. That worked, but how about this? I already had a session open in the mobile version.

I open the forum in full-site mode and now it wants me to log in. I used to switch between the mobile and full-site constantly with no issues.

I figure maybe I need to log out of the mobile version, but I don't see a way to do that.

So I clear all cache, history, etc.

Then, I open and attempt to log into the full-site which I was able to load (thanks again for the tip), but it won't accept my username and password (I must be logged in on my PC).

By the way, I still can't log in as droidsw on either version. Good stuff, Verizon webmasters.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

droidsw2 wrote:

Thanks. Droid X. That worked, but how about this? I already had a session open in the mobile version.

I open the forum in full-site mode and now it wants me to log in. I used to switch between the mobile and full-site constantly with no issues.

I figure maybe I need to log out of the mobile version, but I don't see a way to do that.

So I clear all cache, history, etc.

Then, I open and attempt to log into the full-site which I was able to load (thanks again for the tip), but it won't accept my username and password (I must be logged in on my PC).

By the way, I still can't log in as droidsw on either version. Good stuff, Verizon webmasters.

Don't know about that, I can go to the site tomorrow on my device and I am already logged in.

0 Likes
droidsw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's new. Maybe they'll work out the bugs.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

other than the packaged apps, i just use www for banking, insurance & all other sites i go to, even though usaa, chase bank, cox email & a few others, have their own mobile apps.

0 Likes