Re: motorola droid overheating
Gavin

Yes mines get really hot...Mostly if im using it a lot like looking at youtube videos for a while, it will get real hot.

0 Likes
nanadroid

Mine is also overheating and I don't have a mount in the car and it is also while inside with air conditioning on. Any suggestions? I'm beginning to think I have a lemon.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Mine heats up when using 3g alot, not enough to burn me tho. Plenty of phones ou there heat up. I used to have an old alltel samsing snap, that thing was HOT. My droid is still hanging there, I dont think its a defect.
0 Likes
bryada

amcron57 wrote:

Having problems with my Droid getting really hot, almost to the point that it feels like its overheating.  Has anybody experience this?

http://bit.ly/9kb8X1 

0 Likes
darknight1

my droid overheating when I talking long time.

0 Likes
gbinmn

I'm having the same thing going on.  It's hot all the time and my Battery never lasts...I've had the phone for just about a year.

amcron57 wrote:

Having problems with my Droid getting really hot, almost to the point that it feels like its overheating.  Has anybody experience this?

0 Likes
gbinmn

They overheat - go to the web and look for yourself...put it in the shade???  What kind of a solution is that when it's a design defect.

0 Likes
jimmypage99
If you happen to have an after market stereo with the gap( the CD slot) I can give you a bit of advice.
1_ seperate the mount at the bending elbow simply by unscrewing the wing nut all the way.
2_ remove the spacer from above your stereo; the thing CD's fit into, if you have it.
3_drill a 7/16th hole in the top of the spacer- about an inch from the front.
4_ acquire a 7/16"by 1" bolt and appropriate nut may also need washers if something goes wrong
5_ place the phone mount inside the CD gap and secure the mount with said nut/bolt. Use loc_tight because you don't want the nut to come loose.
**this will keep your phone out of the sun and close to you stereo, and you can forget all the ugly suction rings on your windshield.
0 Likes
Not applicable

gbinmn wrote:

They overheat - go to the web and look for yourself...put it in the shade???  What kind of a solution is that when it's a design defect.

It's a solution that works. Do you want to solve your problem or not?
0 Likes