motodroid - cant manually update and ota doesnt work
daemonhat
Got the ota update early this morning so I hit the install now and went to sleep. Woke up and phone was stuck on the M screen, removed/replaced battery and the phone booted like normal but wasn't upgraded. Tried to manually install but then I hold the power/x buttons down to restart it will freeze on the M screen and I have to remove the battery to get it to boot normal. Except for that I'm not having any problems.
0 Likes
Re: motodroid - cant manually update and ota doesnt work
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I have heard doing a factory reset before the upgrade seems to work.
0 Likes
daemonhat
I just tried a factory reset and it didn't work, the reset I mean. Phone turned off then back on and froze on the M screen. I am getting seriously annoyed with the whole thing. About to bite the bullet and go to sprint.
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Remove the sd card... then reset
0 Likes
daemonhat
Removed the sd card, went to factory reset. Phone shut off, turned back on and (drumroll please)........it froze on the "M" screen. Took out battery, rebooted and it was like I never did a thing. Imagine that. Just gonna keep the 2.1 until there is no choice but to upgrade. And I'm done with verizon, as soon as my contract is up I'm jumping ship.
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Have fun with the others... I have had att and sprint (run far away from sprint). They are much worse. Atleast verizon will continually send you phones. Sprint will tell you that you are abusing the system and not send you any phones. ATT will drop you for roaming too much, plus they are no help with anything.

I hear tmobile is good to their customers, but their coverage is pretty much crap.

Try updating to 2.2 with the sd card out of the phone.
0 Likes
daemonhat
I've tried every combination possible and I get the same thing every time. It just won't work. Can't reset, manually update or ota update direct from verizon. All I ever get is the "M" screen.
0 Likes