method to password protect a specific Photo Gallery Folder? or other technique?
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Anyone know of a way to password protect or secure just a single folder in the photo gallery? is there another APP for photos that might do this that you could recommend?  or might you know of another technique?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: method to password protect a specific Photo Gallery Folder? or other technique?
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
Re: method to password protect a specific Photo Gallery Folder? or other technique?
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Thank you !!!

0 Likes
davidsdroidx
You can also add a new folder with your file browser and name it example .folder you see the dot before folder and you dont have to name it folder it can be whatever and put pictures in there and they wont show up in gallery
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

davidsdroidx wrote:
You can also add a new folder with your file browser and name it example .folder you see the dot before folder and you dont have to name it folder it can be whatever and put pictures in there and they wont show up in gallery

The .dot command doesnt doesnt work with all browsers for me, ive only had it work on Astro File Explorer, I have EStrong file browser and it still see files hidden like this, ".nomedia" method seem to work better for me....

Create a blank txt file on your computer and file>save as ".nomedia" without the quotes. Make sure file type is set to all files. Put that file in any folder on your phone you want to hide. I'm not sure if you can create this file directly on the phone or not. It won't prevent the phone from seeing the folder, it will just hide the files from the default media player or the gallery.

0 Likes
davidsdroidx
Yea im not sure if it works with all file browsers i use blackmoon file and does let you create the folder, and yes hides in gallery but still can access from file browser. You can always add .txt after the .jpg to hide so it looks like this .jpg.txt its kind of a pain to view cause you need to long click n select open with or open as image. Doing it the first way is much
easier to view you just click. Wildman is very helpful and im also glad to offer my help
0 Likes