Re: incredible 2 skype video call help
theclevers

My husband and I purchased the Incredible 2 yesterday.  Our first question before we made our decision between that and the iPhone was if we'd be able to do video chat with Incredible 2, as he's at work 48 hours straight.  We had 2 Verizon sales rep tell us yes and with Skype.  Now that I'm home and I've been playing with the phone for a day, it doesn't work.  And then I get on here and read that Skype Mobile is not video capable on Incredible 2.  I'm VERY irritated right now; it wasn't just 1 employee that told us you could, but 2!!  If you're not sure about it, ASK.  Don't tell a customer something just to make a sale.

0 Likes
natashadesiree

I work for Verizon and we were told when the htc thunder bolt and incredible 2 were going to b launched that customers will be able to skype/video chat on their phones. but unfortunately we were told wrong. but what and ur husband can use is Tango. Download this app from your market both of you.

0 Likes
Terry4553

I was not aware that the droid incredible 2 could not skype video calls, as a matter of fact it is advertised in verizon, I just purchased mine and received it today.  Please take a look in the ads and tell me if this is incorrect, if so this would be considered at the ver least false advertising.

Communication

• HTC Sense Experience Device
  • Tools: Calendar, Calculator, Flashllight, Alarm Clock, World Clock, Stop
    Watch & Timer
  • Supports 18 Languages
  • Advanced Speech Recognition
  • Embedded ringtones, vibrate alert and silent
  • Sync & Connect capable
  • Skype 3G capable
  • Mobile IM
  • Visual Voice Mail
  • TTY Compatible
  • Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4/T4
0 Likes
MostlyALurker
Enthusiast - Level 3

natashadesiree wrote:

I work for Verizon and we were told when the htc thunder bolt and incredible 2 were going to b launched that customers will be able to skype/video chat on their phones. but unfortunately we were told wrong. but what and ur husband can use is Tango. Download this app from your market both of you.

Have you actually used Tango? Maybe it works for you, but it's downright awful for us. You can SEE the other person, but you can't hear a thing. There is so much feedback, like microphone feedback, that I can't even bear to stay on a call. Hopefully updates will fix this. I would still rather use Skype.

0 Likes
phugoid

OK, I just went on the Skype Mobile website and they show it available for Android and have a list of  Android phones from VZW that support Skype Mobile. The Droid Incredible 2 is on the list. So, from that I would guess it's available. Has anyone tried to download/use it from that site?

0 Likes
phugoid

Alright. Well, I continued to dig on the Skype site and managed to find a section I couldn't get to before. And it does show video calling as not supported for Android....period.  Whick makes me love the idea of the apk even more.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

phugoid wrote:

Alright. Well, I continued to dig on the Skype site and managed to find a section I couldn't get to before. And it does show video calling as not supported for Android....period.  Whick makes me love the idea of the apk even more.

i went the apk route on my tbolt and it's flawless. search other android forums to see if you can come across one for the inc 2. verizon did a HORRIBLE job with this. the tbolt was actually shown off in february with skype actually integrated into it (not an app). then it launched with nothing and no info on how long we'd have to wait. i was flat out shocked that i could in NO WAY video call my brothers or mom, etc on their pc's. some mobile to mobile apps that did ok....but nothin for mobile to pc for the tbolt....until i found the leaked apk for skype.

0 Likes
Anthonator96

I just tried downloading it this morning and it doesn't have the video calling on it ANYWHERE!! If someone can find where it is or recieves an update please inform. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
stickrep2

I fell prey to the same sales MISINFORMATION, in Grand Rapids, in July. After three weeks of trying I went in to see why I couldn't get it to work, and the sales representative told me the other rep was mistaken, and it was too late to switch phones. I've just downloaded Tango and hope my family members will oblige with downloading it also.

0 Likes
garyyager

Download Skype from android market.  The Skype Mobile app that came preinstalled won't work.  Launch Skype, not Skype Mobile. Go To Settings, Check "Enable Video Calling".  You'll get a warning that your device hasn't been certified, just ignore it.  The HTC incredible S has been certified and the HTC incredible 2 is very similar.  That's it.  Go to contacts.  Pick a person has is able to video call and select"Skype video call".

0 Likes