how to customize 'home' screen with 'universal inbox'
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I'm completely new to this forum and my devise Droid X.

My goal is to customize Home screen and place 'Universal inbox' on it. I assume it would be convinient to have it in order to have access to all types of messaging.

So my question #1: how could I place 'universal inbox' icon on 'Home screen'?

My question #2: I have a few accounts: a@gmail.com ( which is my primary account) , b@gmail.com, a@hotmail.com, a@yahoo.com. When I open universal inbox I see all accounts except my a@gmail.com. Here is my question: how could I put my a@gmail.com into 'universal inbox'. BTW I could access my a@gmail.com only when I open icon 'gmail'.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: how to customize 'home' screen with 'universal inbox'
vfontjr

The universal inbox is what displays in the messages widget. Long touch an empty place on the home screen to bring up the widgets menu. Select Motorola widgets then messages. This is your universal inbox.

0 Likes
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks,

In my case I could place only icon 'Messaging' which in term has 'universal inbox',

Can't I just place 'universal inbox' itself on a screen?

0 Likes
vfontjr

The messaging widget is the universal inbox. If you want the title of the widget to say universal inbox instead of messaging, change the title. Once you have the widget on the home screen, tap it. A menu opens up. Tap Widget settings. the first option on the next screen is widget title. Tap it and change the title to universal inbox.

0 Likes