0 Likes
Re: how much for droid data plans
michaelshk
Enthusiast - Level 3

basic plan is $29.99  per line

0 Likes
renter

And what does that include? Is there a cap on it?

0 Likes
michaelshk
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as I understand, it’s  e-mail, text messaging and internet.

But I might be wrong.

0 Likes
sillyshyme
So we also need s voice plan as well
0 Likes
riptol337

Technically I think the only thing you need is the $30 data plan (required).  But you'd probably want a voice plan (basic, select, connect, premium) and a texting plan.  I believe the $30 data plan only covers email and internet.  Thus, the cheapest your monthy bill can be (before taxes) to have voice, internet, and texting is $75/month  (smallest voice plan = 450min/$40, data plan = $30, smallest texting plan = 250text/$5).  Theres no point in going above select in voice plans since connect and premium include data usage, and that is what the required $30 data plan is.

0 Likes
DougW

Ah, but does the $30 data plan include MS Exchange Active Sync?

0 Likes
Droid_User

Verizon has indicated that their $45 monthly data plan is required if you'd like to connect to a corporate Exchange server.  I haven't tried that functionality so can't vouch if they may block certain ports on the $30 plan.

0 Likes
EricSeipel

I have been told from people on this forum, as well as random searching on the web, that the $30 does cover exchange... I will tell you definitively tomorrow when i get my droid w/$30 data plan in the mail.

0 Likes