games on the droid incredible
griswolds

so, did i buy a $531 obsolete machine...or is the android gaming community going to update games so they play on the Incredibles GPU? So far backbreaker football and now Pirate Wings are games that do not show up in the incredible market, due to them being programed for the droid's GPU. I have 18 days left before my 30 day return is over. I like the phone, but come on, it is supposed to be THE next generation phone. Will these games and new games being ported/developed be able to run on the incredilbe, or did i buy an already new-outdated device???

0 Likes
Re: games on the droid incredible
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Your device is far from outdated. Your processor is 500 MHz faster than the Droid's. The Gaming market will be upgrading the games to play on faster processors. There is currently no ETA on the development of new games but as they are released, you will be able to view and download them from your android market.

0 Likes
griswolds

thank you for such a quick reply.:smileyhappy: It may have the snapdragon, but the motodroid has the better gpu....

what does not make sense to me, is that if these games are programed on a "lesser" machine, then why would they not work on the INC? they should be backwards compatable..right? what is keeping these brand new games from not showing up on the market for the INC but showing up for the motodroid and other lesser phones?

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

You're welcome.

What devices droid markets can search for particular games and applications is all on the developer. Some apps are made for certain droid OS versions, certain devices, certain carriers, and some are universal to all devices. True the Droid has a dedicated GPU however the Incredible will outperform the Droid particularly when many applications are running simultaneously. Try sending a response to the developers for some the games that you are looking for on the market and they'll let you know what type of plans that have for the Incredible.

0 Likes