emails sitting in outbox
bansch1

why wont my emails be sent.  I set up my frontier.com account.  I have to manually get the emails which is ridiculous.  Why wont they send?  when i first set it up i sent an email and it worked...now nothing. 

0 Likes
Re: emails sitting in outbox
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Your email account may need to be removed and re-added. I have included instructions below for the Droid X as your profile indicates as your device. If you have a different device please repost and we will provide you with the correct instructions to remove and re-add your email account.

Remove email account from your Droid X:

Tap Menu.

Tap Settings.

Tap accounts.

Tap your Frontier account.

Tap Remove.

Add your email account again:

Tap Menu.

Tap Settings.

Tap accounts.

Tap add account.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
if pop3/smtp server address are needed, re-check to see that they are right and authentication if needed.
0 Likes
phzcskk

I have the same issue with Road Runner email.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

possibly like me you don't use the pop3/x email a lot but want to send from time to time.

in "fetch', i've selected a "manual" fetch instead of at various time intervals and what's happening is sent emails go into the outbox until a "fetch" occurs, either at a time interval like my pc or when i do a manual fetch.

all sent emails go into the outbox until the fetch occurs and then, only will the mail be sent but you'll receive whatever's available into the inbox.

i find it easier to text to an email address than dink with this pop3 email.

to save downloading everything on the fetch, i check cox.mail or rr when i was in hawaii to see if i need to reply to something.

hope this helps.

0 Likes
daw1963

Welcome to my world. I have had my Droid X for 6 weeks, third phone as Verizon kept sending me new ones to fix this email problem, my email accounts were reset 5 times by Verizon and guess what? Sometimes my emails go out and sometimes they don't! Nice work. One tech told me it was a yahoo problem another tech said that was not true. When this problem starts to occur on any given day, you will also not receive any mail either. Lovely! If you google this problem, you will find many forums with users complaining out the same issue. This makes me crazy! Never had a problem with my blackberry. Help!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bansch1 wrote:

why wont my emails be sent.  I set up my frontier.com account.  I have to manually get the emails which is ridiculous.  Why wont they send?  when i first set it up i sent an email and it worked...now nothing. 

Usually this happens when the ISP update security settings and the user has to update outgoing server information, I dont know why you had phones replaced because of this because this has nothing to do with the phone.... All you should have to do is contact you ISP and get the correct server and port access information.  This is all I did to resolve this issue with RoadRunner.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
& your phone sends right away and shows up in the sent folder?

how often is it send/receiving?
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This can depend on account settings but mine send the email as soon as I hit send but I set account to check emails every hour to save battery.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
check your outbox next time. sent emails are there until it does the next hourly send/recieve.
0 Likes