email replies not sending
samwv
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can receive and read emails on my phone, but when I reply back, the email will go into the outbox and will not send.  My internet provider is Suddenlink.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email replies not sending
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I suggest contact the email provider. Explain to them that you have a smartphone and need the outgoing mail server and port numbers. Sometimes its not the same as in outlook. I know that some providers use a smartphone email server instead with different port numbers. Time warner cable does in my area.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I suggest contact the email provider. Explain to them that you have a smartphone and need the outgoing mail server and port numbers. Sometimes its not the same as in outlook. I know that some providers use a smartphone email server instead with different port numbers. Time warner cable does in my area.
0 Likes
JMDL
Enthusiast - Level 3

an easy fix is disconnect from your wifi and use the 3G network.

0 Likes
RobW

I have the same problem--but it only occurs randomly. Ii t occurs with all of my email accounts on my phone--home and work.  I have found that when I discover that emails haven't been sent, if I restart the my Droid X, within a few seconds after the restart, the emails will send. I've gotten to the point that either early in the day, or on occasion later in the day, I'll send a test email to one of my other accounts so I know it's working. Not the way things should be. By the way--I do all my emails on 3G.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Strange ... What email APP are you using RobW ?  I have YAHOO EMAIL.  After composing and clicking SEND, my email goes out immediately.  You don't have "SYNC OVER WiFi Only" set do you?

0 Likes
samwv
Enthusiast - Level 3

After a few calls to my ISP and Verizon, I finally spoke to a Verizon and got the port settings right.   Thanks everyone.

0 Likes