cannot sync/mount droid with laptop/pc
mikeb782103

Hi, I have been trying to put music onto my droid incredible 2.  I have downloaded all the necessary drivers: USB Composite Device, USB Mass Storage Device, My HTC, HTC Android Phone USB Device, and HTC Android USB Device, these all downloaded when I connected my phone.  I have also downloaded a software/driver that is called HTC Sync, I have set my connection to Disk Drive (Mount as disk drive) and when I go to the music app that came with the phone and try to connect to my pc/laptop is says "Unable to access the selected media server.  Please ensure that you have access rights for this server"  My antivirus software is disabled also.  Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions to my problem. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: cannot sync/mount droid with laptop/pc
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need to go to the Music app on the phone to transfer the music files.  A simple drag and drop will work with your computer's file explorer to copy the files from the computer to a Music folder on the SD card of the phone or the internal phone storage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes