Yahoo email not working suddenly.
kgannan88

For the past 2 days, my Yahoo email account is not working. Up until then, I was able to receive my 2 Hotmail accounts and my Yahoo account without any problems. I tried deleting the Yahoo account, but now if I try to add it back in as Yahoo, it says that there is already an account with that name and won't let me. If I add it in as just a generic mail account, it thinks it's working, but it's really not. I'll receive a notification of new emails, but when I try to open the mail account, the Yahoo one is nowhere to be found. If I change it to show just the Yahoo, I get a blank screen.  I also tried adding the Yahoo app from the market, but I really don't like that one as it takes more steps to get to the mail, and also to delete unwanted messages.  I just want my mail back to the way it was!!  Can anyone help me???

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Yahoo email not working suddenly.
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

gannan88, I'm sorry to hear your experiencing this issue with your emails. I use emails to communicate with everyone including friends, family and business associates, so I know how important resolving this issue is for you. I was able to review this issue within our system and found we have received reports of a latency issue with emails for this device. The email problem is currently under investigation so that we may find a resolution. If you continue not to receive your emails, you can select the "Sync Now" button on the web to refresh your inbox and view available emails. This will work until we locate a permanent resolution. 

I also recommend checking the settings for your notifications, along with checking the settings for the storage space and ensuring the phone is updated with the latest software. I will list the steps below to check the storage on your phone and a link for info regarding the last software update. After checking all your settings, please power cycle the device. 

The last software update was September 20, 2011. Here is a link for information and steps to download the software;  http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/htc_incredible_2.html  

Steps for checking the notification settings:

1. From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left).

2. Select Mail.

3. From the preferred account, select Menu.
    Note To change accounts, select Menu > Account list then select the account.

4. Select More.

5. Select Settings.
    Note Not available from All accounts.

6. Select Notification Settings.

7. Select Email notifications to enable / disable.
    Note Enabled when a check mark is present.

8. Select Notification sound to enable / disable.
    Note Enabled when a check mark is present.

9. Select Notification vibrate to enable / disable.
    Note Enabled when a check mark is present

Steps for checking storage limits:

1. From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left).

2. Select Mail.

3. From the preferred account, select Menu.
    Note To change accounts, select Menu > Account list then select the account.

4. Select More.

5. Select Settings.
    Note Not available from All accounts.

6. Select Send & Receive.

7. Select Mail size limit.

8. Select one of the following.
    Note Mail size limits may vary by account.

• Headers only

• 1 KB (text only)

• 5 KB (text only)

• 25 KB

• 50 KB

• 100 KB

• 1 MB

• Maximum size

0 Likes