WiFi and Bluetooth very buggy after upgrade
mbourque
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I finally gave in to the upgrade notices my WiFi and Bluetooth are constantly dropping connections.  It's been several days since the upgrade.   When the WiFi drops the connection, the BlueTooth also disconnects and is cutting me off in the middle of phone calls or my music suddenly starts playing in front of everyone.   The only way I can make phone calls or listen to podcasts over my BlueTooth headset is to turn off WiFi and I'm forced to use my data plan minutes.  Has anyone found a way to fix this yet?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi and Bluetooth very buggy after upgrade
mbourque
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Bluetooth appears to have stabilized for now.  It blew up almost immediately after I cleared the cache but I started streaming TED videos for a while, and I've been listening to pod-casts with no problems since then.  Not sure why it took a while to stabilize but it did.  Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've seen several issues reported after the upgrade, but not these, I'm afraid.  I don't know if it'll help or not, but have you tried clearing the system cache?  That often deletes any leftover code from the previous OS.  Here's how to do it:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
mbourque
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I just tried that.  No improvement.  The phone is sitting on my desk within arms reach and the Bluetooth just disconnected and reconnected on it's own.  I guess the next step is to try streaming a TED video or something and see if I lose the WiFi at exactly the same time as the Bluetooth disconnects.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Back everything up, remove the SD card, and do a factory reset ... unless someone else has other ideas

0 Likes
mbourque
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Bluetooth appears to have stabilized for now.  It blew up almost immediately after I cleared the cache but I started streaming TED videos for a while, and I've been listening to pod-casts with no problems since then.  Not sure why it took a while to stabilize but it did.  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

good deal !

0 Likes