Re: Why no thread on the Droid 4?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ricemeli wrote:

Anyhow, I'm having an issue w/my Droid4 and posted a question under "Android" because I couldn't find an appropriate place, but it seems that we're posting under DROID & DROID 2, so if I can't move the post, I'll re-post my question here.

There are several phones that don't have their own sections in the community, for whatever reason.  A lot of folks then post those threads under Android.

Please be aware that if you don't move your other thread, you should simply reference (i.e., post the link) it here, not re-post ... cross-posting threads/posts is against the forum's Terms of Service.

ricemeli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Roger that tikibar1, and thank you for reminding me that cross-posting is against TOS.

Appreciate your help and comments.

0 Likes
ricemeli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found a Space called, "Suggestions for this Community" (link below), which apparently is exactly the place where we should make requests and suggestions such as this.

So I created a thread titled, "When will a Forum "Space" be Created for the DROID 4?" (link below). The response I received was not favorable. In short, I was informed by a CommunityLeader that the DROID 4 does not "need" its own Space... I noted by viewing her profile that she does not own a DROID 4 (nor has she ever owned any DROID device). I responded to her, explaining from my own point of view exactly why we either need our own or need to be added to one, but it may well help our cause if you all responded to the thread indicating our need for either our own Space or for the DROID 4 to be added to the DROID / DROID 2 Space.

Thanks and kindest regards,

ricemeli

Suggestions for this Community: https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/announcements/feedback_and_suggestions

"When will a Forum "Space" be Created for the DROID 4?":  https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/928390#928390

Oh, and P.S.: In my travels this evening, I learned that the appropriate terminology is a Verizon Community "Space," and not section, area, forum, sub-forum, or any of the other words I was looking for... just so you all now know. :]

0 Likes
ricemeli
Enthusiast - Level 3

rsos123 wrote:

I have a droid 4 and posted my question on the droid 2 thread - how come the background on the ice cream sandwich is black with blue letters (for my contacts?)? I can't see it - and I want to change the colors - verizon support is useless

makes me want to switch to another carrier when my contract is up

does someone know how I can change the colors?

rsos123:

To my knowledge there is no way whatsoever to alter the color scheme to which you refer. If you want to continue to use Verizon's factory-installed application for Contacts / Dialer, my only suggestion would be to go to Settings>>Display>>Font Size, then change that setting to "Huge."

The alternative would be to use Google Play Store to install a different Contacts manager, which also come with a Dialer and Instant Messenger service as well. If you open Google Play Store, you can search for the app that best suits your needs by entering "Contacts Manager" then previewing what the app will look and behave like once you download it. All of them I've used have a simple function to transfer and update the contacts from your phone's pre-installed app to it's own software. And ALL of them that I've used are much easier on the eyes and provide options for color schemes, how you want to view your contacts (mine is just set to alphabetic by last name), and that sort of thing.

The app I'm currently using, and like best thusfar, is called Contacts+. Below is a screenshot of how the contacts screen appears when the "Theme" is set to "Light" and noting that I have the Font Size in my DROID 4 Display Settings (referenced above) set to "Normal."

20Jan2013_DROID4_Contacts+_Screenshot.jpg

I have put this on several family members' phones, as Macular Degeneration (which eventually causes blindness) runs in the family.

Good luck to you!

0 Likes