Why is my phone at 125 degrees?
missycvit

Holy smokes!  I was trying to upload pictures to dropbox and its running at 125!  I know its hot outside - but I have a/c inside and my phone hasn't been out all day.

Once I stopped uploading pictures it has dropped to 109 but that still seems hot.   What's normal?

What can I do? 

0 Likes
Re: Why is my phone at 125 degrees?
B33
Legend

Missy wrote

Holy smokes!  I was trying to upload pictures to dropbox and its running at 125!  I know its hot outside - but I have a/c inside and my phone hasn't been out all day.

Once I stopped uploading pictures it has dropped to 109 but that still seems hot.   What's normal?

What can I do?

________________________________________________________________________________________

Missy were you charging at the time you was Dowloading dropbox

My Dinc. gets warm at times especially if i'm streaming something an charging at the same time but i watch it an if gets really warm i cut off the streaming. My Droid X can get really warm at times as well.

But i'd say keep an sharp eye on it don't let it go too far. check you battery if it gets too hot let it cool down an make sure its not warped if so Buy a new one. An there's an App that alott of us are using its called system Panel there are two ways to get it. Free or $2.99 the paid version is the better one to go with an wonce you got it installed it can tell you the Temperature of your Droid Incredible. An in the setttings you can switch to Fahrenheit An it has many other usefull things it does as well

0 Likes
mcvit

Still having this issue - and now i'm getting the "infamous" low application space" warning.  And I've lost my contacts at least 3 times and have had to go online to backupassistant to get them back.  Its getting frustrating.

I have an android assistant so i can see the temp - when it starts flickering green and yellow.

I've unistalled almost all my apps.  I've cleared the data and cache which seems to have temporaritly solved the low space.  but not the other issues. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

When you go to MENU>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>BATTERY   which program is using the battery the most and what is the percentage??

Normally the display is the big user. Maybe something else is constantly using the battery. Are you using a task killer??? That will run a battery constantly to where it would be hot.

0 Likes
mcvit

Right now the temp is ok - I'll def. look next time its running very hot.

android system 30%

cell standby 30%

phone idle 24%

display 12%

i'll keep an eye on this - thanks!

I don't have a task killer - I do have adroid assistant - that i think kills things - but i never do.  would that be a problem? that's what tells me how hot it is.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The assistant is ok.

Concerned about how much the Android system is running though. I am at 2% for Android System and for Android OS.

A free app that can tell the up time of apps is System Panel. The free version is fine.

0 Likes
mcvit

getting it now

i think i had it - but deleted it when i started getting the low data space error

0 Likes
mcvit

what do I want to look for in the system thing

0 Likes
budone
Legend

When you load System Panel, let it run for a day or so. (It runs like many apps in the background) When you click to open the program it will list the all apps and the amount of CPU time they are using.

For example mine states,

Amazon Appstore 1M,28sec

Earthquake 4sec

Basically look for a program that is in use alot.

The fact the Android Sys is percentage is higer than the Display tells me something is constantly running.

0 Likes
mcvit

sorry, quick question.  when i look at the time, do i look at the M listed first or the time listed after the CPU:

Fo example the largest right now - since my last message - is "system" 7m25s if I go by CPU time.  most are under a minute. a few are a min and some change and one is 2 min something.    What's "bad"

and what is the first number

for example it says

Facebook 27.5M CPU 52s

0 Likes