Where do I find the Familybase App on my Droid Incredible?
GHertz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've signed up for familybase as a parent and followed the text message to install the familybase companion on my child's phone -- an original HTC Droid Incredible running Android 2.3.4.  The link from the text message says the app is installed but there is no start button on that page, and I can't find it in "All Apps", "Manage Applications" or in Google Play "My Apps".  Where is it hiding or how do I start it so I can get it working with the parental control app?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is the HTC Droid Incredible Familybase App Hiding on My Droid Incredible?
tailynn
Enthusiast - Level 3

You don't do anything from the app on the child's phone. All settings control is from the my verizon app or your my verizon online account through the "manage family safeguards and controls." I know this from personal experience. Its designed that way to prevent your child from making changes to the settings of family base. If you cancil family base it will be deleted from their phone as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Where is the HTC Droid Incredible Familybase App Hiding on My Droid Incredible?
tailynn
Enthusiast - Level 3

You don't do anything from the app on the child's phone. All settings control is from the my verizon app or your my verizon online account through the "manage family safeguards and controls." I know this from personal experience. Its designed that way to prevent your child from making changes to the settings of family base. If you cancil family base it will be deleted from their phone as well.

0 Likes
GHertz
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're right.  Although the instructions on Verizon's website say to start it, it is appears to be an invisible application.  I started seeing data from it on my child's line this morning.  I wish the instructions were more clear; I spent 45 minutes uninstalling, reinstalling, hunting for a way to start it, etc.  Quite a frustrating experience.

0 Likes
tailynn
Enthusiast - Level 3

They are. I think its because someone already familiar with the process wrote the instruction list and guide, they should have had someone who wasn't familiar with it to edit it so that any unclear language could have been edited and corrected.

0 Likes