Where are pictures stored?
keithsm2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cant seem to find my pictures taken under the my files app.   Exactly where are my pictures going? and how do i change where my pictures and music is stored??

Thanks

Keith

0 Likes
Re: Where are pictures stored?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Pictures taken with the camera should be on the sd card in the DCIM folder.

You can create a music folder and the music player will find them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

They are located in the Gallery.  When looking at all your apps click on Gallery and you will find all your pictures.

0 Likes
keithsm2
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks for the Info....

and to David  who wrote they are in the gallery.....not sure you understoon my questions....I wanted to see where they are stored...not where you view them......

I still dont see where you control where you tell programs such as the camera where to store their files......

But thanks for the DCIM info.....I see them there...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You may not have an option to control where the camera stores the images. Most of the android phones only save to the DCIM folder and that is it. There were some that could save to the phone's internal memory, but it also saved to a DCIM folder there. If there is an option to change the location, it would be within the camera application settings or any other app.

You can sometimes change the default download folder location for any of the files you download from your email or browser. I usually leave it at the default. IfI want to change the file location, I use a file explorer application from the Market to move and manage my sd card folders.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes