What are my options to upgrade from my Droid X?
griz_fan

Hi - I hope this is the right forum for my question. I currently have a Droid X on a 2-year agreement. According to my online account, I am "eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing. If you upgrade on or after 8/25/12 you are eligible to receive an additional loyalty discount."

My problem is that I would like to upgrade now. I've recently switched from PC to Mac, and my wife has an iPhone 4S, so I'd like to go all-in with Apple gear. If I decide to get the 4S, what can I do with my Droid X? It is in great condition, can I simply sell it on eBay or Craig's List?

thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What are my options to upgrade from my Droid X?
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I think that's reasonable, but of course only you can decide how long you're willing to sit on a specific price. The DX's are starting to flood my local market -- mainly because there are a lot of us with our 2 year term coming up in the next 6 months.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes. ebay. you can likely get $100 for it.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Craigslist is also a good option ... but of course be careful when you DO the transaction.  In the SF Bay Area I see them going for anywhere between $100 & $130  ...   Good luck.

0 Likes
griz_fan

Are there any available guides to prepare my Droid X for sale. Things along the lines of removing all personal information, making the phone ready for the new owner to register to his account, etc...

thanks!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I haven't run across one - nor was there one when I sold my LG DARE 2 years ago ...  But basically, what I'd do is:

- Copy off any data you need from your SD Card (like pics, data, etc.)

- Do a Factory Reset using the "Boot Up SYSTEM Menu/Process"  (holding Menu button during power up)

- When prompted, Select the Option to "Reformat SD Card" so that it wipes out the card of an personal data.

- Let it rip, but Do NOT login when it is completed - just power it off

The Person who buys your phone then must have a Google Account & Verizon Account to Activate & set up the phone, else they won't be able to login to the phone to use it.

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

I also reccomend Craigslist..but as Cody21 said, be careful.  As a buyer, I got scammed once, but otherwise have bought and sold numerous times very happily.  Stay in public, and don't exchange cash or merchandise until you are very comfortable with the situation.  I bought my Droid X of of craigslist for 80 bucks but I've seen them in my area for anywehere between 100-150.

0 Likes
griz_fan

Thanks for the helpful info. Do you think $150 would be a reasonable price for the following:

• Droid X with 16GB MSDHC card
  • Verizon leather case with belt clip
  • Motorola car mounting kit with car charger
  • Indoor USB charger with 6' and 10' cables
  • original box, etc...
  • Gorilla battery with charger and back cover
  • spare screen protector

everything is in really good condition.

thanks!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I think that's reasonable, but of course only you can decide how long you're willing to sit on a specific price. The DX's are starting to flood my local market -- mainly because there are a lot of us with our 2 year term coming up in the next 6 months.

0 Likes
griz_fan

Thanks for all your help!

0 Likes