Visual Voicemail
mom2010

Has anyone been able to put visual voicemail on your Droid X? I can't figure out how to get it.

0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail
Iria

Well, when I was setting it up, it asked if I wanted Visual Voicemail (to sign up for it, that is).  Once I did that, and set up the regular voicemail (new subscriber), once I logged into the voicemail app, it has the features you would expect of visual voicemail.  It doesn't appear there is a sep. Visual Voicemail app like on Ally.

0 Likes
robert28306

I just tried visual voicemail on my new Droid X and it works..  I was excited.. When I set it up earlier.. it asked my my password for the first time and that was it..

Remember to install visual voicemail on your phone if it is not already there and agree to the $2.99 monthly fee..

mom2010 wrote:

Has anyone been able to put visual voicemail on your Droid X? I can't figure out how to get it.

0 Likes
Ender0715

If you are using an Android phone, like the Droid X, and are using a Google account, such as Gmail, then you are wasting money on Visual Voice-mail...

Use Google Voice...  Its free and provided by Google...  Go to http://www.google.com/voice or just download the app on the market place...  I like it better than Visual Voice-mail it types out the message for you the best it can...

and if you really get into it there are so many features of Google Voice that its crazy...

0 Likes
carreguic

I was using Google Voice and loved it. Then I got a message from Verizon that I had used over my monthly minutes of talk time (which I never do). It turned out I was being charged for every message sent to my phone from Google Voice (I had a lot of messages that month which is why I only noticed after using it for a couple of months). I can't find a way to avoid that so I am switching to Visual Voice Mail. It's cheaper to pay 2.99 a month than to have to pay for extra minutes...

0 Likes