Viewing texts, etc while on speaker phone
HH10

Prior to the recent update if I was in a conversation on speaker and my screen was 'dark' I was able to touch the screen or push one of the buttons below (can't remember which) and the screen would appear and allow me to check messages, etc.  Now it appears that I have to 'hang up' (by pressing the power button) on whomever I am speaking with in order to use the other functions on my phone.  Otherwise the screen remains 'black'  Am I missing something?  Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Viewing texts, etc while on speaker phone
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I was in a conversation today and the phone was dark when I wanted to check the weather on the web.  I pushed the power button and it brought the screen up as usual and was able to surf and talk at the same time.  Were you in a 4G area when you tried this?  I thought you could only talk and use the other data functions at the same time if you were in a 4G service area.  Did this only happen while on speaker? 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

HH10 wrote:

Prior to the recent update if I was in a conversation on speaker and my screen was 'dark' I was able to touch the screen or push one of the buttons below (can't remember which) and the screen would appear and allow me to check messages, etc.  Now it appears that I have to 'hang up' (by pressing the power button) on whomever I am speaking with in order to use the other functions on my phone.  Otherwise the screen remains 'black'  Am I missing something?  Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried pressing the power button because most devices don't wake up until the power button is pressed for softy reasons...

Davidoo wrote:

I was in a conversation today and the phone was dark when I wanted to check the weather on the web.  I pushed the power button and it brought the screen up as usual and was able to surf and talk at the same time. Were you in a 4G area when you tried this?  I thought you could only talk and use the other data functions at the same time if you were in a 4G service area.  Did this only happen while on speaker? 

Actually the TB is the only device that Verizon has that will do voice and web on 4G and 3G..

0 Likes
HH10

Thanks much for the reply!  There is a setting via...Settings > Accessibility > 'Power button ends calls' that I had set since there were occasions where I was not able to end calls as quickly as I desired.  Once the update occurred the screen would not come 'back' and by pressing the power button the call would end and not allow me to access any other functions on my phone.  I have now disabled that 'feature' and I am able to use the power button to 'retrieve' an active screen while I am on a call.

Thank you!

Verizon:  I found the previous feature helpful and hope you resolve the issue quickly.

0 Likes
butlerpd1
wildman u are rong charge can do both data and talk at same time i have personally did it many a times
0 Likes