Verizon Voice
minne13

Every time I get a call, at the same time the phone rings, a voice says "Verizon Wireless." It's driving me nuts and I've looked all over trying to figure out how to turn it off. All of my options in "Accessibility" are off. "Caller ID Readout" is set to ring only. This is driving me nuts. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Voice
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

Settings>Sounds & Display>Turn off roaming tone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

Settings>Sounds & Display>Turn off roaming tone

0 Likes
minne13

Thank you!

Now, at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot - does the fact that it's making the tone mean that I'm roaming? I'm in New York City. How can I possibly be roaming?

0 Likes
minne13

Wait. I understand, it's just announcing which network I'm on - even if it's MY carrier.

Is that bad UI or just user error? Calling it "Roaming Tone" led me (and apparently a few others) to think it would inform me when I'm roaming.  

Anyway, thanks for helping turn off the voice. Now if I could just get rid of those ones in my head.

0 Likes
gator1
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for that last line.  I'm still rolling in the floor!

0 Likes
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

It is weird that the phone has it.  I haven't noticed a phone having the feature since I used an LG4500.  They used to hide it under ERI alerts. 

Now Motorola gave it a name that you wouldn't even realize would have anything to do with the announcement of a carrier.  Who does roaming anymore?  Unless it is for international travel I could care less who's service I am picking up on.

Glad I could help. 

0 Likes