UGH! Gingerbread has ruined my Droid X
secugoheels

Ever since the update my phone freezes, locks, and nothing works. What can I do to a) fix it b) go back to the previous system 3) chuck my phone out the darn window. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: UGH! Gingerbread has ruined my Droid X
bearone21
Legend

do a search on gb issues from way back in july when gb came ota.

no

go for it.

fwiw:

gb's been out for almost 4 months & updated twice with 602 & 605, so how are you just now getting the the gb update?.

did you get the dx 2nd hand, verizon's been out of them for a while, even cpo's aren't listed anymore?

0 Likes
secugoheels

I've had my Droid X isn't it first came out. I just got the "hey, we are updatting your phone, blah, blah" message today and it now is locking and freezing like crazy. The only "fix" that works is taking the SD card out. Who the heck wants to do that...that's where all my music is?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

could be a bad card.

has the phone been off for several months, as the update came out in waves to varius parts of us months ago & if you're talking/texting it's hard to believe it's just showing up now?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

secugoheels wrote:

I've had my Droid X isn't it first came out. I just got the "hey, we are updatting your phone, blah, blah" message today and it now is locking and freezing like crazy. The only "fix" that works is taking the SD card out. Who the heck wants to do that...that's where all my music is?

If removing the card resolves your issues then have you tried backing up and wipe card, there may be some data on the card from old installation that cause you issues..

bearone21 wrote:

could be a bad card.

has the phone been off for several months, as the update came out in waves to varius parts of us months ago & if you're talking/texting it's hard to believe it's just showing up now?

Could be possible also..

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

yeah i guess, this stuff is magic.

wiping would be good if apps were on the card.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Give this a try download system pannel preferbly the paid version as it gives the ability to monitor the X an see if there is a App thats being a problem, if this does'nt solve the issue then go for the Big One. A Factory Reset as wildman has told me to do in the past especially if you've never done one before an if you have a bunch of apps on your phone an if you are still having isssues an you think it's the Sd Card Replace it from a good source like verizon if your bill is paid up an you've been a longtime customer you should be able to service bill it. Do this after your bill cycles it'll give ya an extra month to pay on it an if you don't want to do it at the store C.S. will send one in a day or So. but thats what i'd do if its being a problem. An if all els Fails return it for a C G A N or a Droid X 2 if you can get one. B33

0 Likes
mossy
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone was brand new out of the box when I purchased it.  It is not unusual for Verizon to leave my part of the country for the very last item on any of their "upgrade" lists.

0 Likes
copyeditrix

I also got notification just yesterday (10.3) of an auto update and now my droid will not power on completely. I got a notification alert, but could not get the homescreen to come up. I took out the battery repeatedly and rebooted, but only got to the graphics screen. I have quite a few apps on it, and it's worked fine till now (since May), none of my info is backed up so I'm hesitant to factory reset.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

what do you mean "only gets to the graphic screen" ??  Does it get past the RED EYE or is it there that it is hanging? Does it boot into SAFE MODE?

- Power Off

- Press and hold the MENU button (far left button)

- Continue holding that and power up  phone, continue holding Menu 

After about 1-2 mins. the phoen should come up saying "SAFE MODE" in lower left corner.

If it DOES, try powering off and on as usual and see if it still hangs ... if it does, you may have a 3rd party app causing the problem. Time to boot back into SAFE MODE and uninstall apps -- or just bite the bullet and do a Factory Reset.  (read the other thread about how to best do this though!)

0 Likes