Toyota JBL Bluetooth issue
kmercatili

Hi, I just leased a 2011 Toyota Highlander yesterday.  No nav, but is JBL.  I paired the phone with the car bluetooth no problem.  I am having 2 issues and I hope you can help me.

1)  When I recieve a call, my music stops and it shows up on the radio screen but does not ring through the car speakers only the phone.  Please help with that.

2) When I try to add my phonebook, I can only add one entry at a time from my phone.  How could I add the entire phonebook rather than 1 at a time. 

Thank you very much

0 Likes
Re: Toyota JBL Bluetooth issue
heen

I just bought a motorola droid X2 and have a similiar problem with my 2011 Sonata. The bluetooth link is ok and the phone book loads .The problem is that when I attempt to make a call the system asks if I'll do it by name or by number. If I reply "by number" and say the digits the system works and the call is made.. When I reply "by name" and say a name the system replies "Pardon" saying  the name again results in another "Pardon" and after the third attempt the system hangs up.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

kmercatili wrote:

Hi, I just leased a 2011 Toyota Highlander yesterday.  No nav, but is JBL.  I paired the phone with the car bluetooth no problem.  I am having 2 issues and I hope you can help me.

1)  When I receive a call, my music stops and it shows up on the radio screen but does not ring through the car speakers only the phone.  Please help with that.

2) When I try to add my phonebook, I can only add one entry at a time from my phone.  How could I add the entire phonebook rather than 1 at a time. 

Thank you very much

Hi Kmercatali,

I understand your concern in this matter with your Bluetooth syncing with your new Highlander. However, we would need to know what model Droid you have in order to provide you with any additional information. Can you please post your device so we can better address your concerns?

Thanks very much!

0 Likes
kmercatili

I have a Motorola Droid 2 with the most up to date OS.  Thank you

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello heen,

I understand your frustration with the audio system of the vehicle. I reviewed the Bluetooth compatibility chart for the Motorola Droid X2 found here. Unfortunately, Hyundai is not listed as a compatible Bluetooth system with the Droid X2.  I also visited Hyundai USA and the Droid X2 is not available as an option in their system as well.  While most Bluetooth systems are universal to provide an audio connection there is no guarantee of how the other features will react. I would suggest reaching out to the dealership to determine the exact Bluetooth system in the vehicle.  While not fully compatible now there may be future support between the device and the vehicle. Have you tried using the voice dial feature of the phone while connected to Bluetooth? Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

0 Likes
kmercatili

I have a Toyota, not a Hyundai.  2011.

Please help my frustration.

Thanks

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

kmercatili wrote:

I have a Toyota, not a Hyundai.  2011.

Please help my frustration.

Thanks

Hi kmercatili,

I understand your frustration, I would be too if my phone didn't perform as expected. Please note that previous representative was addressing other post on this thread.

Please keep in mind that while Bluetooth technology is a great way to connect different devices, not all features are always compatible as some Bluetooth profiles may not be supported by one of the pair devices. The best thing to do when pairing Bluetooth devices is to check for compatibility and pair devices as per manufacturer's instructions. Please visit this LINK to confirm compatibility and get pairing instructions from Toyota.

Also note that most Bluetooth devices will be capable of paring regardless of compatibility; however, not all features may work properly if compatibility is not confirmed by your car's manufacturer.

0 Likes