Re: Time to leave the Droid Hello Iphone
crystal71978

I think the iPhone is way over hyped (actually all Apple products).  I have an iPod Touch and while I admit that I do like it, its really not all that.   I think it comes down to brand.  Apple has a following (people like to overpay for things apparently).  I'm just tired of hearing people say how great the iPhone is...it is all personal opinion.  Personally, I think the iPhone's days are numbered.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

crystal71978 wrote:

I think the iPhone is way over hyped (actually all Apple products).  I have an iPod Touch and while I admit that I do like it, its really not all that.   I think it comes down to brand.  Apple has a following (people like to overpay for things apparently).  I'm just tired of hearing people say how great the iPhone is...it is all personal opinion.  Personally, I think the iPhone's days are numbered.

Agreed. I wonder if the iphone will ever become obsolete? It's always  the same thing...iPhone...just with some new features. Guess that's all that Stevie knows about. At least these Android phones are different from one another.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

tallguy.....the answer to the bluetooth question is yes. at least, that's what i've read everywhere else, but i don't have 2.2 so i can't say yes from my own experience. i believe all of the blogs though, since this was one of biggest problems with android. i don't know if you can easily sync with a mac? i really know nothing about macs. i've had the incredible for a month and love it. however.....motorola is coming out with 2 new droids so if you aren't in a rush you may want to wait a few weeks to see if moto releases the specs on the shadow. if i coulda held out, i would've loved a front facing cam and i believe that will be pretty standard on future droids. nexus one users are the only ones with 2.2 and nobody knows how long it'll take to get it to the rest of us. this may also be a good reason to wait and see when they'll put out the shadow. it may very well come with 2.2 and be available before the rest of us get the update. i'm not real familiar with the process, but i believe htc AND verizon are part of the approval process of 2.2. the speculation is that vzn may want to drop the "hot spot" feature that 2.2 has since tethering is a feature on the incredible that they currently charge an addition fee for. but who knows???? i'm not holdin my breath and i believe it'll be a few months before i have 2.2

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, 2.2 does have voice activated BT dialing, and it works! Don't ask how I know:smileyhappy:.

0 Likes
djps55
Enthusiast - Level 3

the only big difference i see in iphone4 from droid eris is camera lens in front of phone.good luck on your switch to att-t.sorry to hear that verizon did not resolve your issues.

0 Likes
Espy

Two years ago I was a Verizon customer, not once did I have a complaint.   I only switched to AT&T because of the iPhone 3G.  I was a good girl and waited a year for Crapple to drop the price and unveil an even better product.  So here I am, back, I've waited for Verizon to either get in with a contract with Crapple or just unveil a phone that is sooo dang close to the iphone that would make me come back.  Hence, the HTC Incedible was the one.  I don't have any problems with iPhone.  I do have a problem with their network.  I live 15 miles outside the capital of Oregon.  One would think I would be on the 3G service....nooo...I get the Edge network...it's worse than dial-up.  I know that Verizon's 3G network works in my town and my office because a co-worker has the Droid and I saw how fast her's loaded. 

So when Jobs says...it doesn't matter, we are on the wifi network, during the conference, .that is about as good as the iphone gets.  Sad to have to pay $30 for a data plan and get crap for service.  So really, Crapple...let's do some contracting work and strike a deal with Verizon.  My rant of course doesn't apply to those in metropolitian areas that get AT&T's 3G...my rant is because I am one of those customers that's been getting screwed for two years.

I also agree on the iphone4, the features like video conferencing would not work on the Edge network anyway.   Afterall, really, people, we are paying for the service, not so much the phone.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

You can go to AT&T to get the iPhone. But as of June 1, 2010,  AT&T just raised the ETF for their smartphones, from $175 to $325, for new customers, and AT&T customer's signing new 2yr. contracts. Regular phones ETF are the same. (Yes, Verizon has the ETF for their smartphones at $350.:smileytongue:)  Also, for new customers, AT&T no longer offer  "unlimited data" for smartphones. Something about freeing up their networks. Old AT&T customers, will still have "unlimited data." Maybe people know about this issue.:smileywink:

0 Likes
tlynn55

I just changed from AT&T. I have a 5 month old IphoneI love the Iphone BUT AT&T  service area is not good. I spent more time with NO SERVICE. My calls and texts were never delivered. The Iphone3g is great, but  AT&T has no 3g coverage, you are lucky to get any coverage. The internet on the AT&T is as slow as dial up!  If Verizon goes to the Iphone I will switch to the Iphone. The Droid apps are hard to download and I just cant seem to get used to it. Maybe it just takes time. BUT Verizon coverage is great! Verizon customer service is as bad as AT&T coverage!But personally I would rather have coverage.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

tlynn55 wrote:

I just changed from AT&T. I have a 5 month old IphoneI love the Iphone BUT AT&T  service area is not good. I spent more time with NO SERVICE. My calls and texts were never delivered. The Iphone3g is great, but  AT&T has no 3g coverage, you are lucky to get any coverage. The internet on the AT&T is as slow as dial up!  If Verizon goes to the Iphone I will switch to the Iphone. The Droid apps are hard to download and I just cant seem to get used to it. Maybe it just takes time. BUT Verizon coverage is great! Verizon customer service is as bad as AT&T coverage!But personally I would rather have coverage.

According to tests run by independant research companies AT&T's signal is much better on other phones.  There seems to have always been a minor issue with iPhone reception.  The newest iteration appears to be worse.

For what it is worth everyone AT&T is allowing people to return the iPhone without having to pay the 10% restocking fee because of serious issues that Apple refused to fix.  In fact Apple's answer to the recent iPhone issue was to change the software so that the reception reports more bars.  It ignored the fact that people weren't using the bars but rather the number and location of dropped calls while riding around.  Some people will keep it strictly because it is the iPhone but so I don't see this hurting them too bad. 

Also for what it is worth I have it straight from an AT&T employee that Verizon will have the iPhone next year.  Long live Android.  I hope the reception is cold when it gets here. 

0 Likes
tlynn55

Fezek... I read somewhere that Verizon was getting the Iphone. I LOVE my iphone. I am having a lot of problems with my Droid. There is not a lot of info out there on apps and downloading even ringtones. It is nice sleek and pretty, but I wish we had an easy application like Itunes for apps. Market place just is not working for me. I have bought 2 ringtones and cant get them. Like I said it is nice to get my phone calls and texts for a change.

I have the 3G and hope when Verizon does get the Iphone I can still use it on Verizon.

0 Likes