Re: The OG Droid Incredible, OTA (Build 4.08.605.15) Update
pre86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update has anyone experienced their phone locking up occasionally, requiring a battery pull?  I have done a complete factory reset and my phone still becomes unresponsive every few days, usually after a restart.

0 Likes
nukinfutz

since the last update was a nightmare I am cautious of automatically downloading.  I have not seen anything yet from HTC & Verizon on what the enhancements are.

0 Likes
jdegan

This update is given me more grief than anything I've experienced with my phone. It locks up every 15 minutes or so and won't allow me to call out.

0 Likes
user311

I did a factory reset and I have not had anymore of the rebooting constantly every night. I hate having to reset my phone to solve problems with my phone. Verizon and HTC should work harder to test these updates before releasing them. A reset does let the update install with no nightly reboots. I still have the loading screen after exiting. I have only a few games and essential apps that I use. I think froyo worked a lot better on my phone. All I had to worry about then was the low on space problem that has never been permanently fixed. Oh well. Hope others can resolve the problems without having to do a dreaded reset.

0 Likes
tdm99

You are better off than I am right now. Mine made it through two partial reboots and hung up. Now it will not complete a reboot.  It gets to "DROI..." and starts all over. I guess a factory reset is my only option?

0 Likes
smartguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you did factory reset - I am sure you didn't do the  clear Internal storage which is also  another option under factory reset and  then  chosen  clear all .

That will clear your internal storage and that will also help you to get rid of  Low memory storage.

Once you clear internal storage you should be able to see  phone working like out of box device.

Lot of folks  mention that they did factory reset - but they fail to clear internal storage and thus all cache is still living in that part of memory and make  phone sluggish or  show some low memory issues  soon after.

0 Likes
user311

I did the factory reset after I had cleared the cache to free up space for the initial install of the update. I admit, Im new to the inner workings and I just did what other forums suggested to get the update to install because of the not enough memory to install update. I have been amazed by the capabilities of Android both on the development and end user experience. My next phone is the Samsung Galaxy S3, of course I have much love for my first Droid, the Dinc. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
mgregov

So, what happens if it fails and gives the not enough space error?  Do we just wait until they push the update again or is there somewhere to download it?

Also, will we see and cosmetic changes or will the interface still be the same? 

0 Likes
JLDCFO1

Nothing but grief from me.  My DINC ran perfectly prior to this upgrade, now it locks up frequently requiring battery pull.  I really HATE doing a factory reset, but it's either that, or I upgrade my phone, in order to rid myself of these issues.

0 Likes
pre86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have now done two factory resets but to no avail. It still locks up, albeit, inconsistently.  I would recommend trying to abstain from shutting it down or restarting it as that is when it seems to give me the most trouble. I knew going to the verizon store would do nothing and they just proved me right by saying that the phone was out of warranty and that because the updates are pushed by HTC I would have to talk to them about my issue, deal with it, or get a new phone.  Though I don't recall agreeing to any waiver of Verizon's liability for pedaling software that has damaged my phone.  I really don't need a new phone, I take care of my things and a $500 phone should last more than 2 years (at least in terms of hardware).  Mine worked fine until this update.  This is horrendously stupid on so many levels.  You can try to factory reset but if it happens again know that it's not just you.