The OG Droid Incredible, OTA (Build 4.08.605.15) Update
user311

I received the prompt for this update tonight and am currently installing it. I did receive the not enough space message and had to do the steps to get 2.3 installed. Now it is installing fine I am assuming.  Just wondering if everything is working out for others.

0 Likes
Re: The OG Droid Incredible, OTA (Build 4.08.605.15) Update
user311
0 Likes
user311

The update finished installing. I got the congrats message. It took about 15 mins to install once I got past the low space message. I am going to play around with it and see if I can spot any differences. I will post my findings.

0 Likes
sugabutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did it wake you up at 2am in a reboot loop?  It's done it to me for the past 3 nights.  Several of us are experiencing this.

0 Likes
user311

Yes it did. It stopped around 6am. I haven't noticed any improvements at all. I was hoping at least the loading screen on app exit would be fixed.

0 Likes
smartguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like something is  optimizing the internal memory or SW is doing upgrade in background , I tried leaving it for 1 night and  it never happened again.

For my friend it happened for 2 nights and then  we  both experienced it is behaving well. His memory was almost full and we noticed  phone was bit faster than it usually was with older ROM before update.

I would advise to be patient and let him do that once without removing battery  , you can  put him in Vibrator or  silent mode  by Volume keys and leave it overnight , I beleive that will  help you guys as well.  Its my second day without any issue over night or day. I love this device.

Good Luck!

wjt83082
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same problem and is super annoying, my keyboard locks up too and then after 2 hours its completely fine.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You may have to Do a Factory Reset Especially if you have never done one or it's Been a long time C.S. Can walk you through them or the Corporate store your Near Can Flash your you phone an that's the Same as a F.R. Make sure you Back up your Contacts an Important Information before you proceed..

0 Likes
sugabutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like SmartGuy said, turn it down to silent before going to bed, and let it do its thing.  I woke up at 4am and looked at it. It was on, and I swiped it, and it started rebooting again.  I let it be.  This morning it was on and operating fine. The other 3 nights I was pulling the battery to stop it.  Hoping it doesn't do it again, and I don't have to reset my phone.

0 Likes
GoodHumor

I was woken 2 nights in a row with my phone cycling. the service rep contacted HTC. They are pushing a large software push which takes up to 3 hours. They have it scheduled to occur starting at 0200 hours in the morning to 0500 AM. I kept interrupting the cycle because it was waking me. Verizon says the cycling is part of the software upgrade and that I should turn the sound off and let it completely finish this time. It seems logical based upon my issues since Friday. Thaought others need to know about this. I asked Verizon why they did not send all of us a text link to a website explaining the process so we did not interrupt the update, they stated that would probably have been a good thing and did not understand why they did not do it. 

0 Likes