The N connection
izgil

Before I got Froyo my wireless internet adapter would connect at 54 Mbps to my wireless home network. After I got Froyo I switched my router's settings to N only because now Dinc is compatible with N and I only get 65 Mbps on my phone instead of 300.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: The N connection
izgil

272 views and no responses? Hmmmm

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I dont think many have an 'N' router yet.

0 Likes
rpgarrett75703
Enthusiast - Level 3

How old is your router? Early versions of N routers were sold using Draft-N firmware. That's because the Wireless N standard had not yet been finalized. See if there is an update to your routers firmware. That may help your connection speed. Just a thought.

0 Likes
y2kflhr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a netgear gigabit router and I am seeing the same results, I am not sure if it is because my laptop is "g" so the router is doing dual duty??

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Maybe post your question in the General Android section to get other owners besides just Incredible owners input.

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
My Dinc (first rev) doesn't even see my N access point (linksys dual band), but it works fine with G.
0 Likes
kansaswrangler
Enthusiast - Level 3

I only get 65mbps even on my laptops. The wired connection on my desktop gets 100mbps. The bandwidth speed after it goes through the router is 50mbps on my computers but 20mbps on the phone.

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Doing some testing.... i seem to get faster browser response, on bloated laggy pages, with wifi turned off. I wonder if the wifi stack is suspect. Others?
0 Likes
goasu13

My understanding is that unless your router is a dual band router (runs both 2.4ghz and 5ghz signal) it will only broadcast the best signal that all the devices connected to it will support.  That means if you have all wireless-n supporting devices except for one computer that can only support wireless-G, it will continue to broadcast in a wireless-g format.  The dual band routers allow for a true mixed signal so that both G and N devices can connect on their optimum speeds at the same time.  

0 Likes