Text sent as slideshows
turtletrio

When I send texts to people, they receive them inside slideshows (i.e.., when they click on the slideshows, they see my text message) even though I am not sending any pictures in the texts.  Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can turn this off? The only other person who has a Bionic also has the same problem.

0 Likes
Re: Text sent as slideshows
Wildman
Legend

Try Handcent....

0 Likes
turtletrio

Thanks.  I have been using Handcent as a work around, but I am still interested in resolving this issue.  It seems as though it may be tied to the message group option.

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello turtletrio,

I understand the frustration your recipients experience getting a 2 second SMS slideshows. You mentioned in the previous post that you believe it has to do with group messaging. Where you only able to duplicate this when sending to multiple contacts? When typing the message does it show a character count of "x/160" or "x/1000"? I am very interested in investigating this further. I look forward to your response.

0 Likes
turtletrio

It only happens when I send a text to multiple people.  When I enter muliple mobile phone numbers in a text message there is a checkered box with silhouettes of two profiles an a label that says multiple recipients in the title bar at the top of the text.  Instead of a character count, in its place is the text MMS.  The send button says "Send to all."  

Text to single recipients are fine.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi turtletrio!

I understand your concern regarding the group text messages being sent as picture messages, or a slide show. I have reviewed my references and I am showing that this feature is working as designed on the Bionic. Please review the steps below.

Launch Text App -> tap Menu Softkey -> Messaging Settings -> Thread group conversations

If this option is not selected, then individual SMS messages will be sent to each user and their replies will not be group with others from the message.

If this option is selected, you will notice the comment below the setting says (Message groups via MMS), and messages will appear in one thread.

I hope this information is helpful. Have a good day!

0 Likes