Text message shows in usage but never reached my phone.
duchini

This afternoon I show a text in my usage around noon but it never got to my phone. I have been having this issue for a while now, posted around this same time last year, issue got better but all the sudden it seems to have gotten worse again. Used to be the issue was only with non-Verizon friends but now seems to happen with both Verizon and non-Verizon. Have taken battery and SIM out with no change. I have stock messaging. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Text message shows in usage but never reached my phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a bizarre situation, dichini. This is not something I've encountered before. How many times has this occurred? Were you corresponding with this person on the 25th via text message? Please provide me with a few more details.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
duchini

I had texted them the day before and they had replied but I never got the reply. This actually just happened again this afternoon. I sent a text at 1:07 and the person responded at 1:09 but I never got the text but I see it on the usuage report. This was a different person than the issue on the 25th. This person is a Verizon user as well.

0 Likes
duchini

Just did it again, message sent at 10:45 never got to my phone but one sent 20 minutes later was rcv'd with no issues.

0 Likes
duchini

And again today at 12:15. I noticed this afternoon my phone was frozen, stuck on 12:16 so I had to pull the battery. I think the same thing happened Saturday, don't remember about yesterday. Is there something on the Verizon side that we can check to see if my phone is sending back a message to Verizon confirming that it actually successfully rcv'd these messages? Good thing I am on unlimited or I would be getting charged for these messages that I am never seeing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duchini, I'm here to get you back connected via Text Messaging! Try deleting any unwanted text messaging threads and power your device off/on. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
duchini

Today I missed 5. I installed integrated messaging and I can see the messages there but not on the phone. So definitely an issue with the phone getting them. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
bphenchey

VzW tech sup told me there's a bug that affects some Droid Charges so that they don't receive all incoming text messages, even though the sender may see in their phone's texting app that you in fact received the text message.

And tech support has watched a friend's text go from their phone to mine, and my phone send the acknowledgement to the network that it received the text -- even though my phone never displayed that I received the text.

Work-around: install app "Ghostly SMS". Its description on the market says something like it'll "catch" texts that the stock text app dropped. (My Droid Charge was dropping maybe 15% of my incoming texts.)

And while you're at it, do yourself a favor & install "SMS Backup and Restore". That way if your phone acts like mine and deletes ALL OF YOUR TEXT MESSAGES OUT OF NOWHERE, you'll be able to restore them from your backup. Without backup (or without rooting the phone first), your chances of data recovery (for texts) appears to be nil.

-Brian

0 Likes
meatverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had not gotten texts as well but I still have not gotten answers from Verizon on what has happened to my texts.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

I had to get ghostly SMS as well.  Works pretty well but makes me sad at how many texts I probably missed prior to getting it . . . Verizon's explanation was that AT&T is not formatting their texts correctly or some garbage like that.  So instead of fixing the way they receive the messages (AT&T doesn't have an issue internally), they just point the finger at AT&T.  Typical Verizon response.  It's always someone else's fault but never theirs. 

0 Likes