Tethering
jimmyco2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

So get this, when I tether my Droid Incredible via USB (VzAccess Manager), my 3G connection is stable, works fine, etc.

But when I tether via 3G Mobile Hotspot, my 3G icon (on my phone) flips out, it stops transmitting data, then disappears, then comes back a few seconds later, then does the same thing over and over again until I restart the phone or turn off the 3G Mobile Hotspot app. 

But to help you out, I can say that it is DEFINITELY NOT:

The Verizon Network

My Cell Reception

The Android OS (2.3 Gingerbread has the same problem as 2.2 Froyo)

Any Hardware or Software In My Phone (multiple phones have this problem)

My Computer (multiple computers and network adapters have the problem)

So any ideas? Anyone have the same problem?

0 Likes
Re: Tethering
budone
Legend

I know you will think I am an idiot for asking, but have you subscribed and are paying for the hotspot option?

0 Likes
jimmyco2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wait is there a way to use VzAccess Manager and 3g Mobile Hotspot without Verizon knowing about it?!

But to answer your question, yes. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

jimmyco2008 wrote:

Wait is there a way to use VzAccess Manager and 3g Mobile Hotspot without Verizon knowing about it?!

But to answer your question, yes. 

Out of ideas....  :smileyvery-happy:  It just dawned on me when you subscribe to the tethering package, you get the hotspot. ($20/month/2GB) I wonder if the device is not provisioned correctly for the Hotspot.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Could it possibly be something with the wifi and 3G somehow interfering? I know the frequencies and radios are different, but seeing as how they are normally not active together, maybe there is some software or signal issue with them being active at the same time. Oh, and did I hear someone say you can make modifications to your phone that you may not want Verizon to know about? That's craziness!
0 Likes
jimmyco2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah all I can think of is somehow 3G and Wi-Fi interfere, after all when a Droid is connected to Wi-Fi, it automatically shuts off 3G. 

But some people say they have never had this problem...

Maybe 2.3 doesn't have this problem, when it happened I had a setting changed that could have caused 3G to disconnect.

Either way, I'm not rooting and installing that Gingerbread ROM (again) just so I get to go back to stock and reinstall everything when 2.3 comes out officially...Supposedly the new HTC Sense is BA.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Either way im not .................and installing!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

jimmie u need to choose ur words carefully! just a little reminder

0 Likes
jimmyco2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

If that was directed towards me, choosing my words carefully, eh, Verizon doesn't scre me with their anti-rooting threats. Heck, I would be surprised if anyone with Verizon was going to see this and do something about it.

Besides, it's my phone, not theirs, I do what I please haha.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
At most they'll {edit for TOS violation}, I just find it fun to see how much I can talk about it without talking about it.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've had them pull down 2 entire threads for referring to it....lol. usually they just edit though. they have also pulled posts of mine for describing what actions they took against my thread....so we'll see if any of you get to read this.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes