Suggestions for battery savings settings...
Tomcat1765

Hopefully this won't be TOO long of a post!!  :smileytongue:

I purchased a Droid X when I returned to Verizon in Dec of 2010.  While back home in Indiana, I had NO issues whatsover with the phone and fantastic coverage and service.

We have since moved to Colorado.   Even though the coverage map shows my address as GOOD coverage (3G), both my wife and I do not have consistent coverage in the house.  My wife's Droid X actually seems to do better than mine.  We did the update thing on my phone (*221 or whatever) and I actually perceived that it made my phone worse!!

My question is this...I believe my battery life has been shortened because the phone is constantly trying to acquire a signal.  Back in Indiana, I could use my phone most of the day with social media apps running and I would still have 15-25% battery left at the end of 14-16 hours.  Now, I just had to plug my phone in because it died after 8 hours and I have not used the phone at all for calls today!!

Is there a better setting for power and battery management that I should be using?  Would it help for me to connect to my Wi-fi at home?

BTW...Verizon employees all say that we need to get a network extender for the house but at $250.00 I am not sure I am willing to do that.   I do hear from neighbors that AT&T is giving network extenders to their subscribers in our neighborhood.   

Thanks to all in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Suggestions for battery savings settings...
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

You're correct in your assumption that a phone constantly searching for service will have its battery drained much faster. That's most likely what's happening here.

Unfortunately, Verizon does not guarantee service inside of buildings, and this includes homes. Certain reps will give network extenders for free, and others won't. It's hit or miss. If you keep calling CS and asking, I'm sure you'll find a rep willing to give you one for free.

WiFi only allows you to use the web. For calling/texting you'll need actual service on the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

You're correct in your assumption that a phone constantly searching for service will have its battery drained much faster. That's most likely what's happening here.

Unfortunately, Verizon does not guarantee service inside of buildings, and this includes homes. Certain reps will give network extenders for free, and others won't. It's hit or miss. If you keep calling CS and asking, I'm sure you'll find a rep willing to give you one for free.

WiFi only allows you to use the web. For calling/texting you'll need actual service on the phone.

0 Likes
Tomcat1765

Thank you...you have pretty much verified everything that I thought...I appreciate it!

0 Likes